"F" hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: "THE BS argument about switching over to NITRO on a gas motor, and we'll see. Give me a break." My point was that if (at least in IMPBA) a gas boat is swithced to a "hot fuel", there is no more argument possible against it. It's a poiston engine of a specific displacement, period. No, I don't suggest the Zenoah-on-methanol would be a sure winner.

Don, the IMPBA rules need to be changed because they DO NOT in their present form probhibit it (sorry). Simply referring one to additional rules on another page is not a prohibition. I can only assume that, considering how easy it would have been to write some very simple language to accomplish that end, the writers didn't intend to prevent it.

All that aside, I agree, if there are gas classess running that the boat will fit into, that's where it SHOULD go. It's just a matter of common courtesy.

Quote: "This is about GAS" Mike T, you made this statement on another board" GOING ON IT OWN AND SEPERATING from IMPBA all together............ " We have more GAS than NITRO."

I never advocated anything like that. Please show me where you read that. Never.

Mike T. said:
Don, the IMPBA rules need to be changed because they DO NOT in their present form probhibit it (sorry).  Simply referring one to additional rules on another page is not a prohibition.  I can only assume that, considering how easy it would have been to write some very simple language to accomplish that end, the writers didn't intend to prevent it.   
83190[/snapback]

So tell me Mike, which part of this sentence do you not understand???

Note: For Large Scale Gasoline engine classes see section "I", Large Scale Gasoline.

The reason this sentence was placed ALL BY ITSELF and on the SAME page directly UNDER the nitro displacement chart was to direct you to a different section of the rulebook if you run gas! And it was nothing like "the writers didn't intend to prevent it" like you suggest but rather it was ASSUMED it would be clear enough to send you to the PROPER section for gasoline power. It also was written by people who obviously didn't think about those who would disect every word to see what they could get away with. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Don Ferrette said:
Mike T. said:
Don, the IMPBA rules need to be changed because they DO NOT in their present form probhibit it (sorry).  Simply referring one to additional rules on another page is not a prohibition.  I can only assume that, considering how easy it would have been to write some very simple language to accomplish that end, the writers didn't intend to prevent it.    
83190[/snapback]

So tell me Mike, which part of this sentence do you not understand???

Note: For Large Scale Gasoline engine classes see section "I", Large Scale Gasoline.

The reason this sentence was placed ALL BY ITSELF and on the SAME page directly UNDER the nitro displacement chart was to direct you to a different section of the rulebook if you run gas! <_<

83193[/snapback]

Don, sometimes you just have to hit them between the eyes with a hammer. Maybe the rule book should say "ATTENTION MIKE T, Do not read the following rule. It's not for you since you run GAS. Mike T see section "I", Large Scale Gasoline. These are your rules"

There is nothing in the rules above there to prohibit or require any specific fuel (including gasoline), any specific ignition type, or anything else, so long as it does not exceed 30cc. No need to read any further.

Don't get me wrong, I'm saying the rule-writers need to get busy if this is their intention.

Wow, talk about kickin the hornets nest around! Man you guys are goin at it. Going from should we mix boat classes to a conspiracy to disolve IMPBA. Must be cabin fever. I like some of the gas classes, mostly sport hydro and of all things, crackerbox (I'm not sure what the facination is with that hull). But I don't think the classes should mix. The performance perameters are to different. There are enough gas classes to satisfy anybody who wants to run. Maybe to many. I'll tell ya what's coming to an end...The two day race! With so many classes running, it's really hard to fit it all in without going from dawn to dusk both days. There. My two cents and a swift kick to the hornets nest Come on spring...peoples going nuts in here :p

Mike T. said:
Quote: "This is about GAS" Mike T, you made this statement on another board" GOING ON IT OWN AND SEPERATING from IMPBA all together............ " We have more GAS than NITRO."

I never advocated anything like that.  Please show me where you read that.  Never.

83191[/snapback]

I will say that I'm glad that you are not part of this Mikey as I consider you a friend as well as fellow clubmate. BUT this still DEEPLY concerns me & I want someone to post a link to this thread that supposedly exists on "another board." We need to bring this to the forefront NOW!

Hey Don..... You back on the ground yet???? Lets move over to the race section & ask Lamar if Atlanta ( Spring race C.D. Mr Morton) is going to let the GAS Boaters gun in the F Mono classses. If he is........ I would like to enter the Open gas class with my F NITRO Mono... Maybe we can race & Mix it up..... Or possibly the gas guys will want to stay in their classes?? I belive the C.D needs to hold the boats in the respective classes or call it OPEN..... Meaning to all Sizes & fuel types. The flier will say F MONO entry....... Then Open GAS MONO class.... Norman let me run 1 time. My 1st time in Atlanta in a Open MONO class due to the fact he left the GASsssss part off the flier.... I dont think he let that happen again?? But he is a FAIR DUDE & he understand the Argument... this Post is not to bash anyone or place. But the Atlanta Spring NATS race is HUGE. Tons of GAS & NITRO entries. It will be Good to see how they will handle this Argument....on a National Level. B)

Mike T. said:
There is nothing in the rules above there to prohibit or require any specific fuel (including gasoline), any specific ignition type, or anything else, so long as it does not exceed 30cc.  No need to read any further. 
Don't get me wrong, I'm saying the rule-writers need to get busy if this is their intention.

83196[/snapback]

WHAT???? Ok read this sentence AGAIN a little slower-

Note: For Large Scale Gasoline engine classes see section "I", Large Scale Gasoline

Now I see the word GASOLINE & I see go to a DIFFERENT section of the rulebook. What do you see????

Joe K You are a funny Dude........ :lol: :lol: :lol: I did not get to met you @ the Nats in 04. But I`am going to look you up in 05. Hell next thing you Know the gasssers will be asking if they can only run 5 laps.. So....to have a chance to Win in a Nitro Class....... :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

I'm going to say this again-

"BUT this still DEEPLY concerns me & I want someone to post a link to this thread that supposedly exists on "another board."

PLEASE if there is a thread of this nature in existence then will someone, anyone post a link to it. :blink:

Don, The Other board site is Down. Has been since last nite. Be careful. That is a GAS LOADED board. :ph34r: :ph34r:

:p Interesting Quote: Hell next thing you Know the gasssers will be asking if they can only run 5 laps.. So....to have a chance to Win in a Nitro Class.......

;) You have no idea of what your saying !!

2 seasons ago at the districts last heat race of the year we had a trophy dash, that put the fastest boat from each class that day in a 6 lap winner takes all race.

6 boats, running start on the clock, nothing special .. straight up race.

1 .21 rigger, 1 .45 rigger, 1 .67 rigger, 1 .80 twin rigger, 1 Gas rigger ( Zenoah) and 1 Sport 40

:rolleyes: Guess who took home the trophy at the end of 6 lapps ????

:D The gas rigger ....... Don't blow smoke up anyones ass thinking gas cannot run with nitro !!

Sure it has a bigger engine .... But my take from those who like nitro engines is it's a Macho speed horse power thing ....... Well if thats true ..... nitro is no longer the the only way to go FAST ! Gas has evolved, make no mistake about it.

Scott

BigChuck said:
Don, The Other board site is Down. Has been since last nite. Be careful. That is a GAS LOADED board. :ph34r:   :ph34r:
83212[/snapback]

Are you referring to "the dock"??? Yeah, I've ruffled a few feathers in there before. It seems nitro guys are not too well liked over there for the most part. I guess that should be no real surprise when the lead in page has "no nitro needed" in big bold print. Kind of a "us against them" mentality in there at times. Too bad really as we are all "model boaters" but the "no nitro" attitude is what sorta got me taking a stand on the rules thing as I can play "hardball" too. I just tried the site & it is loading but very very slowly. If you can find the thread you spoke of please post a link to it. :huh:

Don Ferrette said:
BigChuck said:
Don, The Other board site is Down. Has been since last nite. Be careful. That is a GAS LOADED board. :ph34r:   :ph34r:
83212[/snapback]

Are you referring to "the dock"??? Yeah, I've ruffled a few feathers in there before. It seems nitro guys are not too well liked over there for the most part. I just tried the site & it is loading but very very slowly. If you can find the thread you spoke of please post a link to it. :huh:

83214[/snapback]

The dock is alive and well as you speak.

Is this really an issue ........

Sounds like an age old argument over those who rode horses and said automobiles were not valid transportation.

Put any spin you want on that statement ...... At the end of the day we still are playing with toy boats and last I checked attempting to have fun doing so.

Politics ...... :huh: This thread should be nenamed WHAT SPINS YOUR PROP ?

Scott

"...... At the end of the day we still are playing with toy boats and last I checked attempting to have fun doing so."

Absolutely. But just the very idea that there is talk of separation still concerns me. :unsure:

Scott that sounds like a Challange?? I have never back down from One... I have seen a ton of the Gasser boaters with the $1300.00 engines. Get there BUTT kicked till there Teeth Hurt... By a Picco 67or 80 Nitro Mono, Even lapped a few $$$$1300.00 Gas engines In Open Offshore. If .......you have what it takes We would like to race against ya....... I personally know You wont like to outcome.... There are a few on here that know what I`am talking is NOT SMOKE....... Love to race you. Hope we can someday..... This whole post is Not against Gassers. I Know a lot of Good boaters that have converted. I respect that & enjoy watching them Compete in there classes. Even helped a many of them.... BUT I will say AGAIN. You are NOT going to pass a Well tune Nitro Engine wit a Gas Engine. Reguardless of Cost.... :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :p

Scott Schneider said:
6 boats, running start on the clock, nothing special .. straight up race.
1 .21 rigger, 1 .45 rigger, 1 .67 rigger, 1 .80 twin rigger, 1 Gas rigger ( Zenoah) and 1 Sport 40

:rolleyes:   Guess who took home the trophy at the end of 6 lapps ????

83213[/snapback]

How many were actually running at the finish? Bet that little .21 had it's hands (sponsons?) full in those gas & big block nitro wakes. :eek:

I would have to agree with Scott for power of the gas boats the've come along way there's alot of nitro guy's that haven't gone over the 100 MPH Mark so you can't knock them for power .

But this isn't over how fast it's about the RULES and i agree that the gas should run with gas and the nitro run with nitro and thr elec. run with the elec.

If there's a club race and you don't have enough boats the i agree with Joe W to have a open class.

But i really hope that the ICE thaws soon so we all can talk about how fast our boats are and the race that got away :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back