ERCU goes Lithium

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjslhill

Just heard that the ERCU (10th Scale) club voted in LiPolymer packs for 2006. The packs are 4S2P 4000mah packs that will be supplied by the Campell brothers for $35 ish dollars per pack. http://www.e-rcu.org/

I look forward to seeing the data that is generated by such low cost packs. I can understand why they would want to try them. Also, as I understand it, all other LiPoly brands are banned and are not legal.

It is also my understanding that Brushless motors are now under consideration for the future.

Big changes in a short period of time.

Best of luck to the ERCU in 2006!

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
wow 35 a pack.. whats the quality.. sounds like they are just tossed together with some tape and glue for that price.

I have no idea. I do have experience in this area and cheap low cost China packs are going to have cells that are not uniform and will quickly go out of balance. Since all other brands are banned, I would expect that they have it all figured out and can go on without any help.

thanks,

Steve

wow 35 a pack.. whats the quality.. sounds like they are just tossed together with some tape and glue for that price.

I do have experience in this area and cheap low cost China packs are going to have cells that are not uniform and will quickly go out of balance
exactly.. which means very dangerous situation. sorry ERCU guys but, not a wise choice..

It's been reported that the people selling these packs were not exactly nice to us as well. They were making false statements about us and our company according to one member. I guess you can make a change without any knowledge and kick out a sponsor in one swift vote. It's kinda funny in a way. Best of luck to them.

I do have experience in this area and cheap low cost China packs are going to have cells that are not uniform and will quickly go out of balance
exactly.. which means very dangerous situation. sorry ERCU guys but, not a wise choice..

just hope not to many people bank on there experience with them as how all lipos are going to be

you pay for what you get and they are not paying for much

I was incorrect on the wording..... :rolleyes:

Here is the exact words..

Sir,

"But rather a moratorium until the units obtained on this buy for which a member has graciously offered to fund is expended."

:huh:

Back