EPOXY MOTOR MOUNT

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOVALTD

Supporting Member
Has anybody ever taking a motor mount and epoxy it to the hull bottom of a mono (no bolts) and have it stay together

over the years? This would not be mounted to wood rails but be a stand alone aluminum mount with adequate surface area and prepped properly for epoxy. Thank you --Dan McCormick-

You could bed it in polyurethane and not use epoxy, maybe 3/16" of 90 or 100 durameter. Ron Logghe did that on the fiberglass 40 riggers he built for us years ago.

Thanks John

I would suggest mounting blind nuts behind plywood and then bolt the mount to that if you going to go that way. This will give you a way to remove it and work on it if need be. I do this with servos all the time. If you build the plywood and bolt you bracket to it before you install, you can make the bolts go a little long. Then belt sand them flush to the back of the blind nut. This will give you the most threads on it to help it stay in place.

Thanks everybody for the response. I forgot to mention that the motor mount will have rubber grommets on 90 degree aluminum angle with 1/8 inch

alumiinum subplate to adjust the motor mount forward or backwards to adjust the cg of the boat. i do not want to install wood anymore do to it absorbing water, fuel,oil,and grease ads weight to the boat over time. Does anybody have any experience in epoxying metal motor mounts to the hull

directly and not have vibration from the engine brake the adhesion of the motor mount to the hull. PS. There will be grommets on the engine mount and servos. I don't think vibration to the radio will be a issue. Its VIBRATION on the motor mount that concerns me. Thanks DAN

Dan using epoxy to fix engine mount to the hull is very popular in the EU and works really well. I’ll post a picture of the setup in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back