Engines Questions?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcboatlover

I just started to break in a OPS .65 and I noticed fuel around the head button. I checked the bolts and they were tight so I pulled it off and saw that their isn't a head gasket. Should it have one? I put it back together and the problem seemed to go away. Any Ideas? Was is just a bad seal at first or should their be a gasket in place.

Is this the old Gold Head OPS .65? The red heads are actually .67's. If it's the Gold head you don't really need the gasket to prevent leaks. That's for changing the compression and head clearence for different fuel %.

What may have happened was when you got it the bolts were tightened unevenly. You should use a torque wrench whenever possible to insure accuracy when tightening them.

Yep it's the gold head. Your probably right. I made sure to tighten them evenly as possible, like you would a car tire, in a criss cross pattern. But I should get a torque wrench. Do you know how much psi I should apply?

Latest posts

Back