Engine lube

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Templeton

I think I asked this some time ago but I can't find the notes.

Ok, you've taken your engine appart and installed new bearings or whatever but may not use that engine for a couple of months or even longer. What lube do you use?

Don ;)

I think I asked this some time ago but I can't find the notes.
Ok, you've taken your engine appart and installed new bearings or whatever but may not use that engine for a couple of months or even longer. What lube do you use?

Don ;)
Pneumatic gun oil. Does not leave a residue, after is gone, or hold water. If it makes you feel better add some Marvel Mystery oil to it couple oz per quart.

50/50 mix of air tool oil & 75/80W gear oil. The air tool oil gives super protection & the gear oil gives it excellent clinging properties. I've been using this blend for years. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
My preference is a blend of WD40 with Marvel Mystery and Mercury 2cycle oil. Seems to burn out clean when I restart engines. This is between races and ATF is great long term storage.

Corrosion-X, then I stick them in a food saver bag and seal up removing all air from the bag....

Back