END OF RACING SEASON, BUILDING TIME?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_laxmasta2039

hey everyone,

my club had it's last race Sunday, was alot of fun and sad to see it end.......does anyone know what thier plans are for the "building season" as far as selling old boats and buying or building new ones? its cool to hear what's popular/works well where, and what new boats are coming out.

I know i'll be building an offshore models Supercat with a G260, and possibly selling my .21 mono if the cat gets expensive too quickly.

Joe

There is a rumor that a certain some has a new SAW design in the works,

Hmmmmmmm.....

Who could that be ???

Sheeeesh Marvel,

You as bad a bucha old ladies sittin around knittin..... :eek:

Hey Joe,

Great topic, So what has everybody got planned for buildin season?

I gonna tweek the Villain/CMB combo till the water gets hard then work on the SAW boat some,

Gene ;D

Joe's been bitten by the gas bug. I guess it was seeing me fill my boat fuel can for $.89 USD from the same pump used to fil the van. And then run two classes for practice and three heats, and the can was still nearly full. ;D

BTW, Joe did pretty well at the races Sunday, too.

gas bug?

nah, more like the saw-mike's-boat bug!

shoot i dont give what it runs on, the boats that are the most fun to run, have the most people running them, and look the best sitting on a shelf at home are the boats for me!

[okay maybe the 89 cent thing is an incentive too!]

Gene, yea the whole ice thing is a big bummer IMO, i mean why cant the water just stay wet the whole year round? ;D hey maybe if i built a really really big hairdryer................ :p ;)

is anyone else building a gas for next season?

Well I'm putting my QD25 in a new but same hull aeromarine avenger. I've glued the top deck to the hull so many times it's about done. I'll be pulling my MAC 45 out of my seaducer and putting in a new Picco blackhead. Just got a speedmaster 21 mono I'm getting dialed in right now with a novarossi 21. Want to build one more but not sure what that will be yet. ;D

Joe

well $$$ permitting.... that's a big IF.... a new FireFighter .45 rigger!

My plans include building 2 7.5 WOF's, 1 11cc WOF and possible another 3.5 WOF. Other projects include getting better at the vacuum process, building a Dumas Quickie 40. Lastly, putting a jet pump into a Dumas DV with a K&B .45 throttle exhaust for grins. ;D

Mark...

I am looking for a winter project, any ideas ???
Yea, move to Kentucky and teach me the workings of vacuum forming :D :D Ok, sorry, that's a lost cause ;)

Mark..

Hey Mike, how about this one? If anyone can build it, you can

SWATZ-1b.GIF

gee I'm scared to see what mikes winter projects going to be :eek: ... just seeing his summer projects makes me drool :) wade and i discussed a possibility, but if that doesn't go through prolly make something to contain water :p just too bad it won't be big enough for the boat :(

well $$$ permitting.... that's a big IF.... a new FireFighter .45 rigger!
Sell me a FF .21 kit that will put some cash in your pocket ;D

Mike

he joe ,well i will start on your radiobox as soon as i can for ur supercat ! and yeah this gas fuel thing is so much easy than nitro .. :p

i did built several gas boats and i just finished a 41 inch PSR cat will test run it this weekend ..for winterproject i have a 43 inch AC magnum hull with another gas engine .. and i hope to finish a micro cat with a 2.6 cc nitro pull start engine (for my son) . ;)

for all those guys with doubt ! go for gas ! :)

decals6.jpg

complete4s.jpg

hey Jerome!

yea ill try to get those dimentions for you ASAP, unfortunately the guy i was buying my hull from sold it to someone else... :-....the good side is, even though ill have to shell out the $$ to buy it new from Eddie, i can pick the color and get one of those sweet-looking Turbo cowls.

Joe [the other joe :) ],

Mike T has a QD 25 in an AM cat, i think its a sprint cat not an avenger though.

OB,

you DO realize that there are other boats besides WOF's right? lol....seriously though you should try an inboard and see how you like it. heck maybe even a gas. ;D

Joe

At a time when the economy is growing at a little less than optimum, its times like these that require some “out of the box” thinking.

As a result, I’ve decided to initiate a new Non-Proffit organization. Southern Crafted American Model Boats “SCAM-B” for short is a non profit organization that is focused on filling my garage with as many toys as possible. The benefits of this cannot be underestimated since this will present the opportunity for others to dream and take up other economy spurring hobbies such as photography, or even better, nitromethane production. At SCAM-B we strive to improve on the shortcomings of SCAM-A (Southeuropeanvacation-Capitolized-American-Micromotori-Acquisition) which provided for lots of excellent Italian motors, but no boats or cars to put them on.

With your simple donation, we’ll be able to fund a project that will fill the waterways of ----Edited for anonymity(mid-atlantic)---- with not more than 80db of high frequency (30khz or better) noise ;D all donations of $500 or more will be rewarded with a picture of me(not actually me but a likeness thereof) Mugging for the camera holding Yo-money. This receipt is Tax-Deductible (as long as you’re not audited) this also applies to you fellas down there in OZ.

So Send Yo Money Today………… 8).

SCAM-B………a division of MarkWilliamson Enterprises ;D

OB,

you DO realize that there are other boats besides WOF's right? lol....seriously though you should try an inboard and see how you like it. heck maybe even a gas. ;D
There's something out there besides WOF's??? You GOTTA be kidd'n me :D ;D I've got a DV, but it'll have a jetpump instead of a prop. Let's see, there's a Sport 40 in our collection and a Dumas Quickie 40 (rigger if ya didn't know) that needs to be built.

Bottom line here - I LOVE tunnels. ;D I've tried others, but always go back to tunnels.. Must be some kind of sickness :D

Mark

OB Nut Racing: Tunnels, I need Tunnels.......

Back