Enclosed Boat Trailer

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have made my mind up I am buying a 6X12 Basic white finish, single axle. Just wondering if I am going ramp style or barn style doors in the rear. Has anybody mounted a truck style toolbox on the front of the trailer? I was looking at some addition storage with mounting this type box on the front for various boat related items.

Last edited by a moderator:
My brother picked up his new trailer Thursday afternoon. They left out early this morning for the WTC and said the V nose pulls like a dream! Marlin 7 x 14 V nose with ramp door, custom alloy wheels, and rubber diamond plate mat installed on the floor.

PART_1367541703548.jpeg

mms95picture.jpg

My brother picked up his new trailer Thursday afternoon. They left out early this morning for the WTC and said the V nose pulls like a dream! Marlin 7 x 14 V nose with ramp door, custom alloy wheels, and rubber diamond plate mat installed on the floor.

View attachment 47632

View attachment 47633
Are you guys planning on running more than tunnel's,,,, You've got plenty of room in that thing...

OH Yeh,, I remember Mean Gene asking about scale boats and thunder boats down at the SOWEGA race....

Lets go boys

Room is nice lol.

Raced one go kart out of a 44' Vintage Intimidator Race trailer, had 24' for all the racing equipment and 20' of living quarters.

Have a 20' Pace Enclosed Race Car trailer for sale, if anyone is interested shoot Harold Duncan a pm for pictures and info!

My back HURTS just looking at this load of stuff

Walt Barney
Walt Barney has looked at my Trailer with the rack system i have he can elaborate and tell you what he thinks on it had 8 boats, 2 turbine jets, 5000W generator,3 tables (6ft), 16 gallons of nitro, 5 gallons of kero, 2 coolers, 12ft easy up tent, 2 chairs, grill, propane tank.

(all fuel was stored in my 3 big cabinets underneath my work bench, 4 Radios,batteries,starter,flowmeter,tools,ect,ect) everything is pretty compact..

julian
What about the 300 lbs of smack talk in it !!!! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

My back HURTS just looking at this load of stuff

Walt Barney
Walt Barney has looked at my Trailer with the rack system i have he can elaborate and tell you what he thinks on it had 8 boats, 2 turbine jets, 5000W generator,3 tables (6ft), 16 gallons of nitro, 5 gallons of kero, 2 coolers, 12ft easy up tent, 2 chairs, grill, propane tank.

(all fuel was stored in my 3 big cabinets underneath my work bench, 4 Radios,batteries,starter,flowmeter,tools,ect,ect) everything is pretty compact..

julian
What about the 300 lbs of smack talk in it !!!! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Who said it was Only 300lbs? :lol: :eek:

here are some pics of my set up Beu you will like the way this looks ;-) this is a Hallmark 6x12 trailer tow 5 boat racks and all equipment needed for a race. Generator goes in the Rear of the trailer.

Pictures with different Boats / Jets

Julian

Julian Nice setup buddy, clean and organized. Well thought out. Searching and Trying to find a deal on a new one here in Colorado.

Do a lot of looking before buying. I used a paper that covers Michigan and Indiana, Auto & RV. Maybe you have something like that. There's a lot of trailer companies just on the other side of the state line but found mine 50 miles away right near our club pond.

Check everything top to bottom. Some cheap out on thinner floor wood and wallboard. Screws vs. rivets to assemble it.

Has anybody heard that the newer trailers are using LED light sources? This is a sweet idea.

Exterior, interior or both?

Exterior lighting for tail or clearance lights have been around for a few years but interior lighting would be cool.

Hey Beau,

I know that a lot of sailboat owners convert their interior lighting over to LEDs. Saves 'em a boatload of power (pun intended!). So, if the trailer you get doesn't have LED interior lighting, you might could search around and find something suitable to replace the stock lighting with. Rather than trying to find a trailer with it installed standard. Good luck!

-Joey

Has anybody heard that the newer trailers are using LED light sources? This is a sweet idea.

Exterior, interior or both?

Exterior lighting for tail or clearance lights have been around for a few years but interior lighting would be cool.
Ron

I was looking at one that had all interior and exterior led lighting, I also like the trailers with bits an pieces of polished aluminum diamond plating on exterior pieces.

Beau

My Haulmark only has aluminum diamond plating n the front as a stone guard.

Interior LED lighting you can go nuts on. What comes to mind to me are those Christmas lights enclosed in plastic tubing that you can get in a variety of colors. The clear ones would really light up the inside!. A little saner would be light strips.

When you end up at the trailer dealership of your choice, see what options that they have for lighting or diamond plate bling.

Ron

For sure I am looking this weekend at a few, I am ready to go shopping, I feel like a kid again at the candy store so many choices and options. After buying a twin this last year I need more space to say the least, the boat is a monster on space and weight. The trailer will be a creation for sure, I will post some pictures after I buy one soon, thanks for all your help.

Beau

Beau,

It's very cool that you are getting a new trailer. I got the best price in town on a new unit from Trailer Source right there at Ward Road and I-70. You may have to order to get the best price though but the come in just a few weeks, A couple of things I learned from my trailer. Mine is a 12x7 and that is a lot of trailer to tow, if you go 10' or above make sure you go tandem axes with electric brakes otherwise your tow vehicle will suffer including tires.

Make sure when you build out your trailer you pay attention to tongue weight, especially if you have a single axle! Once again having an improper tongue weight will cause you lots of headaches. Oh yea and make sure you get 5/8" or 3/4" wall sheeting, 1/2" will be pretty tough to hang anything from.

D

Beau, Have you checked on the AlumaLite trailers? May be just the thing for high elevation.

Latest posts

Back