Elmira, NY Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LawlessMan

Well, I don't have the results to post, but many of the usual suspects took home trophy plaques, but with a few surprises. Quite a few new faces, too. I can report that this past weekend was the hottest mid-June weekend I can remember (and I can remember the Stone Age). Friday evening was rainy as a big storm moved thru. Some practice was done, but I'm sure that many people would have appreciated a little more cooperation from "Mother Nature". (Me included).

Saturday and Sunday were HOT, HOT, HOT, with very high humidity. Not something we Northerners are accustomed to. Reminded me of August in Florida. Most of the boats didn't seem to like it much, either, but there were some exciting races. The heat and humid conditions made a lot of boats seem to be running in peanut butter instead of water. I had a "perfect" weekend, 3 boats, 12 heats entered, zero starts, --- just one of those weekends where nothing went right. Oh, well, it was fun anyway. I hope everybody who came and braved the heat, humidity and threat of monsoon enjoyed themselves as much as possible. The new pond is NOT the old pond, and a few kinks still need to be worked out. All in all, a fairly successful outing. Who'da thunk 90's in June, in New York? Comments, anyone?

Back