SOWEGA Grand Prix Race.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishhead

163 Boats-- What a way to start the 2012 Diistrict 13 Grand Prix Series...!

This was the first of five Grand Prix Races where only the best four races count and the attendance proved that everyone wanted this one to count.

The weather was cloudy and windy and we were located on the edge of some really bad stuff.

Racing started at noon Saturday and everyone was there to win.

We raced all day Saturday with some light rain starting in the last two heats of the day. Sunday was cloudy and windy with a few short lived sprinkles.

This Series has the best people racing that you would ever want to meet.

Everyone was on their game and was ready when their heat was up.

There was some new faces to the series and I hope they will come back.

It was good to meet some guys I have heard about around the racing community, like John Otto, Gene Mongar, Tommy Cardoso, John Bullis and Mark and Perry Walter and a couple of guys to watch out for in the future is Chad "Water Baby " Weaver.

Chad did well at this race and made his water baby debut in the SOWEGA 93 degree....I mean 53 degree water of "Kems Big Pond."

Also, a new racer that did well for his first time out was "Mr. I got the rc boat racing bug Bad" Geoffrey Sawyer a new apprentice under the wing of Norman Morton.

The race scores are on www.rcracingevents.com for you to check out.

the District 13 race schedule and other info can be found on www.sowegamodelboaters.com. .

Congratulations to Jan Bearden for her first Womens Thunderboat Shootout win.

Come on ladies we have enough boats, jump in and have fun, this shootout is for you.

Thanks to all the GP regulars of the Grand Prix Series and Mark Poole, Dennis and Chris Harvey, Rick Glover and Ricks Future Racing Champion Gage for returning to the Series.

Some more THANKS go to Kem and Julie Gilley for providing a beautiful race site. To Rick English for his hard work getting the site race ready the weekend before the race. To the SOWEGA gang that helped to make this race a huge success. Pit bosses, Julie Gilley and Jan Bearden for keeping us moving along. To Jim Ragan on the CD stand, and Norma English for those long hours on the scoring table.

Our next GP race is back at SOWEGA June 9,10 and we hope to have everyone back.

Later at the Pond, Ricky B.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been on CD stands in the cold, wind and rain. Thanks to the crew that worked the race. I have two things to do before the June race......finish that new gas mono and have some fun in that class. And second, make a tunnel that will handle that Sowega breeze!

I have a third task.......talk my "princess" wife into camping at the pond!

I have been on CD stands in the cold, wind and rain. Thanks to the crew that worked the race. I have two things to do before the June race......finish that new gas mono and have some fun in that class. And second, make a tunnel that will handle that Sowega breeze!

I have a third task.......talk my "princess" wife into camping at the pond!
"Princess" wife wants a RV.....simple task..lol

Mark,

Your wife sounds like mine. Her idea of camping out is the Hilton!!!........ :eek: Congrats on your second....

Mark,

Your wife sounds like mine. Her idea of camping out is the Hilton!!!........ :eek: Congrats on your second....
Not the Hilton...a nice RV..with a clean bathroom...that's all we ask.
JJ,

I have to give a nod to the women when it comes to a clean bathroom. At the Spring Atlanta Race last year, they marked the urinals Ladies and Men. Later that day while waiting my turn, someone walked out of the Ladies unit and I was astonished. Within a few hours the girls had made it their own. There were flowers, air freshner, a picture on the wall, a floor mat, and a couple of "whatevers" sitting around,.....and it was CLEAN. No doubt, a clean restroom is very high on a female's priority list for sure. The Men's by the way, was trashed!!!!!!!!.........

Back