elevation

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byron westman

I went up to a lake that was a higher elevation and my miss vegas had a hard time running . It starts ok but as soon as it hit the water it would only go about 20 to 30 feet then die out. i tried differant hs adjustment with out much improvement. any idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
no i only have the one prop for now aqua36x55 .i was leaning it ? i gess i was going the wrong way with the needle.

for sure needed to be richer,,,,even day to day the needle will change,,,thats not putting the higher elevation in the mix... you should always start your first tank rich and come down with the needle through that tank of fuel to see whats safe and whats not....yesterdays needle wont be the same a as todays...you should practice this method every time you go out to run.... higher elevation = more dense air = richer hs needle...

alden

thanks for the tip. should i start out at 2.5 turn out ?on my aqu 18. I got it running well again today ,had it radared at 35mph . do you think it can go faster?.if so what would be the next step .

Last edited by a moderator:
for sure needed to be richer,,,,even day to day the needle will change,,,thats not putting the higher elevation in the mix... you should always start your first tank rich and come down with the needle through that tank of fuel to see whats safe and whats not....yesterdays needle wont be the same a as todays...you should practice this method every time you go out to run.... higher elevation = more dense air = richer hs needle...

alden
Hi Alden! (I think you had a brain fart .... higher elevation = less dense air).

But otherwise, spot on as always (& wish ya the best)!

lol...lol... it happens occasionally todd....byron, todd is correct,, i mucked that up a bit....

as a side note if you wanna make it faster you will have to look into hull mods,,,or engine mods....although remember the set up is key for speeds...keep picking at it slowly...

simple thing to do is pull the button shim... wont see much but it helps...

if you have a machine shop near by, you can have them cut the button for you.. i have some simple measurements over here so they would know what to cut.... if you have issues with that i can cut you one...

if you want those measurements let me know ill be glad to share what has worked well for me...

alden

Back