electronic ignition

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well then that means that the ignition can be used right guys,I don`t have a rule book so input from you fellow racers would be helpful.

It wouldnt cost $3000 to make a proto type, contact a ecu maker and go with someone that already makes them and has all the stuff to do it easy and dosent have to develop all the stufff, single channel fuel and ignitian, and duel channel fuel and ignitian with 2 inputs for ignation (for twins :) microtech make a computer already that has 2 fuel outputs with a single ignation input 2 aux outputs ( N20 Control :) this would work perfect!

food for thought

Dale

ya well how big are they might work in a twin 90 but how about in a 21 or a 12?and the fuel injection is out of the question right now and that cost is to develop a unit that is all digital,runs an a rx pack and still remains MICRO not a unit designed for cars!you find me an american company that wants to do the job without wanting some kind of huge profit share and wants all rights to the patent.big business sucks!

well mr twin_k90 I didn`t want to make my self out to be an a$$ so I contacted your microtech company and pitched them the goods and will post my findings!

well what did they say?? did you speek to Dom?? he is the owner and is the only one that really knows!

they make some of the best value for money EFI products in the world,

Dale

well he did email me back and is going to give me a quote so maybe that will help with the efi so thanks bud.will post when I get a reply and the guy you talked about is the one who answered me back.

execlent, good stuff, im sure he will try and help you, he has always helped me with the stuff i have been after!

Unbelievable.

Eagle if you can get this unit together for that price, I and I'm sure lots of others will buy one too.

Yep, I sure do agree with your comment about advancing the spark and a better button head design.

$3000 is not that much money to out-lay for such a venture, but if you've got the money to burn without putting yourself in financial trouble then I would try it too!

I'm so glad you didn't take offence at what I had to say, I am only trying to help and me of all people want this sort of thing to happen.

Just so you know, I would pay up to about $1000 US for a full EFI system for a model boat if it did what EFI is supposed to do.

just want to say thanks for everybody that helped.Its alittle tough to put something like this together without feedback from the people who race more than me,alot more(there are no clubs here in p`cola fl.)well I have to call microtech today so maybe we can get something going on the fuel injection and andy is supposed to call hopefully today so wish me luck!

Dude,

I have to go to microtech in a few days to pick up some stuff to get a car on the dyno on the weekend. want me to ask them anything??

Dale

ya if you don`t mind ask about were I can get a spark plug made that is the same size of our plugs.I am having a bit of a problem with finding someone who can complete the task.

dude you rock that gets me way closer, man how in the hell did you find that?I have been on this computer all day and never turned up anything!!!!!!!!!

Eagle,

I looked up 'model aircraft ignition systems' on yahoo, it lead me there. I looked it up ages ago when I was thinking of coverting an A100 to run an ignition system so that I could run it on gas in the 35cc gas class. Much cheaper than a Quickdraw 25cc. There are other systems as well, but that is what came to mind. They already have the variable timing etc. The systems would probably require a bit of waterproofing, and I have no idea how the plugs would go firing the much richer methanol/nitro mix.

Ian

Latest posts

Back