Daniels Racing Starter

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobBrocato

Supporting Member
Hey everyone
Wanted to get a post out there about this starter from Daniels Racing. Over the past 2 years I have been through several different starters that are now in a heap in the corner of my basement due to one issue or another. Looking at this heap, I was able to justify the $314 to buy this thing, hoping it will be the last starter I need to purchase for a while. Daniel was constantly in touch with the shipping data and to answer all my questions.
I received it in about 5 days from ordering, packaged very well. I have to say this thing is a masterpiece of machining and engineering. All electrical connections are completely insulated and placed out of harms way. The starter is compact enough to clear my smaller monos using a medium size belt, and though its a bit heavier than my older starters it is well balanced and has a longer handled to allow to place your hand in a comfortable position when starting the boat. A slim battery is attached to the starter with velcro and comes with along enough pigtail to charge the battery without removing it. .....and power...turns over my 90 and gas motors with little effort.

Thanks for a nice product Daniels Racing!!!

Bob

starter1.jpgstarter2.jpg

Is the pulley broached to fit on the splines of the shaft or have the splines been turned off of the shaft itself and a plain hole in the pulley?

This is of course assuming that this is a standard motorcycle/outboard type starter motor judging by the mounting lugs and comparing it online.

Thanks for the close up pictures of Daniel's starter rig, I had no idea of how small the motor was and the overall balance point it might have.

It appears to be well balanced and very compact.
Nicely done Daniel!!

yeah, looks like the pulley centers over the splined shaft and locks down with a set screw.

Man, I wish I never sold my mill/lathe....
Wasn't top notch, but was perfect for knocking out pieces like this ...

Latest posts

Back