"economic" hulls?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finne

"economic" hulls?

ok. I'll just have to face it. I must get myself a fast electric toy to. ;D

well... not right away, but planning ahead won't hurt.

I've been searching around a bit to see what hulls I should considder. But the ones I like tend to cost a bit to much (b-28).

I realy liked the idea someone posted in another thread about spending about 300usd and getting over 30mph.

Do anyone know of any european webshops I could check out to find a fast but low price hull that would suit one of those 700 bb's everyone is talkign about? 8)

Re:"economic" hulls?

Andy Valentine or Doug Robichad probably know more about going fast for less then anyone I know. I hope they chime in.

You are right, The 700 is the best bang for your buck, and I'll go one step farther. For a savings of 20 bucks, get the New 8.4 700 BB from www.fastelectrics.com . If it's as close to the SS1 as I've heard, for what you are doing it would be perfect.

The hull of chioce might be the Electro Vee from Graupner or 29" Turbo Mono from Fine Design http://www.finedesignrc.com/hullsfine.asp . Both hulls are cheap and pretty common so setup help is abundant.

Fastelectrics also has some good tips and setup advice for the Kyosho Blade runner, but I haven't seen as many of these boats and unfamiliar with them. The other two hulls have been stong fixtures in the budget fast electric group for a long time.

Good luck!

Dick

Re:"economic" hulls?

I think Dick pretty much nailed it. A Graupner Electro Vee, a 700 BB 8.4v, one of Andy Kunz speed controls (www.rc-hydros.com).

We race a lot of boats up here, but we always fall back on the EV's for a "fun fix". They're bulletproof and a riot to run and race.

Back