ECMC race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to all for your kind support. It is almost overwhelming. We have enough to qualify for the minimum number for the club registration for IMPBA. However, we shall not turn anyone away. The greatest support for us it to attend the race when it occurs. The race fees help greatly but the presence is of much greater value. A high turnout will speak volumes. The club the past 2 years has had a cap of 200 boats for the race. Would love to have that problem again in the future.

The kicker is that the club registration must go through the District Director. Guess who that is? Karla Dicks!!! We expect some significant resistance or pocket veto from her.

"The kicker is that the club registration must go through the District Director. Guess who that is? Karla Dicks!!! We expect some significant resistance or pocket veto from her."

Screw that, send it directly to Pat Kelly with a letter of explanation why you are doing it that way........... ;)

Don,

That thought had crossed my mind several times. Will talk with the other guys and see if they are willing to try it. It would take that dilemma out of the equation.

John

I will send you my info in the mail this week... I have not joined the IMPBA yet but will just as soon as I can get the 2005 membership , if i have to have it first I will send it with the club charter...........

Butch

AKA Charles W. Jackson

Last edited by a moderator:
Don Ferrette said:
You need to also start speaking to a good lawyer NOW about that small amount of money she's hording......... <_<
Just asking, but if that is club money and she is a club official then what right does a non-member have to the money? Even if a club member, the individual would have no right to the money. It is club money and to be used for the club. Until the entire club is disbanded then the money will stay where it is. This is the way it is stated in ODMBA's bylaws.

I still don't understand why there is $10K. If our club had that money you can bet everyone would race for free or at least there would be a drastic reduction in race fees. Something should have been done about that a while back.

Oh well, none of my business. :rolleyes:

Preston,

You bring up some valid points for discussion. I'll take one at a time.

1. The reasoning you bring up is the nemesis. All activities were on behalf of the club and the money rightfully went into the club. Not sure if the efforts that were put into it the last 6+ years can be recaptured. Normally not but I am not a legal beagle. Pre-law major and former federal agent yes but not an attorney.

2. The treasury was created for the purpose to obtain a club permanent racing site. We are not lucky like ODMBA. We did/do not own anything. The money was to be used for the improvements such a driving stand, pit area, good retrieve boat & motor, etc. But it had not happened. If we had the permanent facilities already and had that cash available then I would be asking the very same question.

Best I can give you now.

John

"Just asking, but if that is club money and she is a club official then what right does a non-member have to the money? Even if a club member, the individual would have no right to the money. It is club money and to be used for the club..........."

If the money was obtained with the pretense of being for the good & benefit of the club members & enough of the departing members feel this is/was not the case then they do have a viable complaint. Besides, when was the last time there was any given situation that a lawyer couldn't turn into a legal issue. Just ask the woman who got $2 million off of Mcdonald's when she tried driving with a COMPLEMENTARY cup of McD's coffee between her legs & got a mild 2nd degree burn.............. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back