Eagle SGX 67

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigriggr

I recently stored this rigger, but tell me if this is normal behavior.

Here's some stats first:

SGX 67-Ran 1 1/2 gallons of 50%-20%syn Redmax thru the Mac 67 thus far. Very rich setting, bar stock AB67 pipe set around 10 3/4" to 11", H-38 w/5.63 cup (also tried 1657 w/5.5). Futaba 3pm pro syn.

The pipe comes in about half throttle. And I mean she hits whiplash hang on!!!!!! Wide open speed at half throttle on the Tx. I have no more throttle response/control from half throttle to full throttle on the transmitter. She goes from 35 to 70mph at half throttle on the trigger and there's no more variable.

If you tell me this is normal, Alrighty then.... I can deal with that, this thing is a rocket ship and a blast to run. Also with 1 1/2 gallons run thru the engine should I replace the bearings?

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
something sounds fishy.

you should have more throttle abliity than that..

do you have a servo going bad?? might want to fire the boat up and run the throttle and see if it going crazy on the carb.

also.. is it possible mabe a linkage is loose or the carb barrell is sticking ??

hope i helped

chris

Two very good points, I appreciate it Chris. I have John at cmdi puzzled aswell. I will take note of this for next spring.

Bill

:ph34r: Depend on how old for metal tank? did you check pump fuel out onto metal tank during empty? if fuel left 1/2 way into tank so going bad fail sump or brass tube inside cracked

:ph34r: Did you look any problem glow plugs? if it eat coil gone so going bad bearings

:ph34r: Depend on air/ level where area? setting measure on pipe if short so frustrate run then quit short time

Hope help!!

:ph34r: Depend on how old for metal tank? did you check pump fuel out onto metal tank during empty? if fuel left 1/2 way into tank so going bad fail sump or brass tube inside cracked :ph34r: Did you look any problem glow plugs? if it eat coil gone so going bad bearings

:ph34r: Depend on air/ level where area? setting measure on pipe if short so frustrate run then quit short time

Hope help!!
Tank is new infact the complete rigger is brand new. It runs the full tank everytime with no hesitation, nor stalling. The boat runs awesome. Plugs look great, not eating coils. Fouled a couple running so rich during break-in. I was told by John the pipe is where it's suppose to be set.

Up here in MI. Allen

Bill

Here's some stats first:

SGX 67-Ran 1 1/2 gallons of 50%-20%syn Redmax thru the Mac thus far. Very rich setting, parobolic pipe set around 10 3/4" to 11", H-38 w/5.63 cup (also tried 1657 w/5.5). Futaba 3pm pro syn.

The pipe comes in about half throttle. And I mean she hits whiplash hang on!!!!!! Wide open speed at half throttle on the Tx. I have no more throttle response/control from half throttle to full throttle on the transmitter. She goes from 35 to 70mph at half throttle on the trigger and there's no more variable.

If you tell me this is normal, Alrighty then.... I can deal with that, this thing is a rocket ship and a blast to run. Also with 1 1/2 gallons run thru the engine should I replace the bearings?

Bill
Bill, what motor & is the baffle in the rear of the pipe drilled out to the stinger i.d.?

Bill,

Not blowing plugs! Sounds like you are just running rich. If the pipe is closer to 11' than 10 3/4", shorten it a bit more.

Good boating,

Andy

Bill,

I have had that problem to. I allways had to richin up the needle. That gave me full transtion

on the throttle. A must in heat racing.

Are you running the boat full throttle till you either finsh the race or run out of fuel. In order to find out if your needle is correct you must run at least three laps full throttle.

I am glad to hear your boat does preform well.

Bob

Whats your throttle expotential set at on your radio???
Throttle expotential... Is this the throttle sensitivity? It's not set at a quick response, I had it set at nuetral or 0%.

Bill
:ph34r: What kind of your radio and model?
Allen, the radio is a Futaba 3pm synthesized
Seem no working adjust trim trottle cuz limit max

better buy another Futaba 3PK grip wheel or 3VCS 2 stick

I like my Airtronic super EXZES 2 sticks and very easy simple

Good Luck! ;)

Here's some stats first:

SGX 67-Ran 1 1/2 gallons of 50%-20%syn Redmax thru the Mac thus far. Very rich setting, parobolic pipe set around 10 3/4" to 11", H-38 w/5.63 cup (also tried 1657 w/5.5). Futaba 3pm pro syn.

Bill
Bill, what motor & is the baffle in the rear of the pipe drilled out to the stinger i.d.?
Don, The engine is a Mac 67. I purchased this rigger RTR from John. Only had three times to run it before the Mi. weather put a holt to my boating. The parobolic is as John sent it to me. That's all I know is that it has a short stinger bolted on at the end of the baffle.

Bill

Bill,
Not blowing plugs! Sounds like you are just running rich. If the pipe is closer to 11' than 10 3/4", shorten it a bit more.

Good boating,

Andy
Andy

Never got to yuk with you on this issue, I did call john a few times about this behavior. There is alot of good advice on this forum. I'm making a mental note on all of the above for first spring. When I first fired up the Mac I set the needle rich at 1/3 throttle. So rich she'd just barely stay running, blowing fuel out the carb aswell as the pipe. And really only leaned it out about 3/8" on the servo arm after a good break in. (probably 8 to 10 clicks on the Tx) That's where it remained up till my last run.

I will also make a note of the pipe adjustment.

I love racing sleds around up here, BUT I can't wait for the life of me for spring to get back and charge these batteries. This boat is a rocket ship, an incredible rush to run. I think I can try it without the knee supports next year!!!

Bill

Here's some stats first:

Bill
Don, The engine is a Mac 67. I purchased this rigger RTR from John. Only had three times to run it before the Mi. weather put a holt to my boating. The parobolic is as John sent it to me. That's all I know is that it has a short stinger bolted on at the end of the baffle.

Bill
Hmmmm, an H38 @ 5.6" is a tick on the high side in my opinion. An AB H38 @ 4.8-5.0" with the parabolic at 10 3/4" would be where I'd like to be on that combo. Did you try to run it with the stinger bushing removed? What is the i.d. of the stinger bushing?

Bill,
I have had that problem to. I allways had to richin up the needle. That gave me full transtion

on the throttle. A must in heat racing.

Are you running the boat full throttle till you either finsh the race or run out of fuel. In order to find out if your needle is correct you must run at least three laps full throttle.

I am glad to hear your boat does preform well.

Bob
Bob

Come first spring I will try everybodys advice, check servo's, linkage, pipe adjustment, maybe a new Tx and by all means fuel mixture. Besides not having that midrange throttle control, the boat runs awesome. Like I was telling Andy, I never really changed the mixture much. This might be the first and foremost to try. When I first fired up the Mac she was blowing hard fuel from both ends during break-in, and barely leaned it from there. I would not of guessed the mixture being off would engage it to respond like this though. The boat literally just has two speeds slow (30mph) and fast (70+). Apparently I have not played with the fuel mixture enough. I will definitly remember your 3 lap mixture advice. What would cause to blow more plugs, too lean or too rich?

There is alot of schooling in this forum, that's pretty cool... B)

Thanks

Here's some stats first:

Bill

Bill
Hmmmm, an H38 @ 5.6" is a tick on the high side in my opinion. An AB H38 @ 4.8-5.0" with the parabolic at 10 3/4" would be where I'd like to be on that combo. Did you try to run it with the stinger bushing removed? What is the i.d. of the stinger bushing?
I will take your advice on that cup Don. I clearly seen a difference from the 1657 @5.5 to the H38 @5.6. I will try a H38 @5.0 though. I screwed up though on the pipe. I talked with John a long time on this boat and parabolic was always mentioned but the finished product was the new bar stock AB67. Does this paint the picture different now as far as the prop/pipe adjustment? This pipe does have the stinger bolted on the end like I said before. My callipers have been borrowed out to check the I.D. No I never ran the boat without the stinger. It's just as John sent it to me, no mod's on my end.

Appreciate all your advice, like I mentioned to Bob there's alot of schooling to be had that comes from this forum.

Thanks,

Bill

Back