Dyno Results?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did this on a 250cc GP watercooled twin about 12 years ago, the results where fanstic!!

With a 6 speed gear box we used it to tune the setup for the different tracks. after the first practice we always had a big crowd waiting for us to come in from the track.

As you know there is a big difference between, say, 180 degrees and 200 degrees water temp yet I haven't seen any one running and in line thermostat. Why not?

Also, "finding the neddle is so diffecult" it is actually very easy in 1 lap every time with EGT. see below

www.eagletreesystems.com

Put the whole Dyno in the boat on every run.

Even thought I am an F/E boat racer now I have been using this for 2 years now and it MUCH more valuable than my stationary Dyno and much cheaper.

Not to mention THOUSANDS cheaper than my 100hp warter dyno.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did this on a 250cc GP watercooled twin about 12 years ago, the results where fanstic!!

With a 6 speed gear box we used it to tune the setup for the different tracks. after the first practice we always had a big crowd waiting for us to come in from the track.

As you know there is a big difference between, say, 180 degrees and 200 degrees water temp yet I haven't seen any one running and in line thermostat. Why not?

Also, "finding the neddle is so diffecult" it is actually very easy in 1 lap every time with EGT. see below

www.eagletree.com

Even thought I am an F/E boat racer now I have been using this for 2 years now and it MUCH more valuable than my stationary Dyno and much cheaper.

My latest "Dyno" is a 5 acre hole in the ground that I built in the back yard this summer. Not all that big but it was all of the room that I had. If it ever rains enough to fill it up, I can do some serious testing. Maybe Santa will bring me an Eagletree system to go along with the lake. HINT----------HINT. Charles Perdue

www.eagletree.com

My latest "Dyno" is a 5 acre hole in the ground that I built in the back yard this summer. Not all that big but it was all of the room that I had. If it ever rains enough to fill it up, I can do some serious testing. Maybe Santa will bring me an Eagletree system to go along with the lake. HINT----------HINT. Charles Perdue
And before you tell me there is no Santa Claus I know there is cause I saw him at Wal Mart and--and--and he told me he was from far far away. I know this is true cause he had a piece of paper in his whiskers that said made in china. I was going to set in his lap but he whispered the nicest thing to me. He called me a incible. I know that it was nice cause he was smiling.

Je sens désolé pour vous des citoyens ici.

Il est évident que le bout plusieurs poteaux dans ce forum soient mouton.

Bahhhhh!

:rolleyes:
Mr Mouton, Oui, un bon nombre d'information ici, but its better that you don't insult people. Its not funny and its not clever. Ca va?

Dave :p

Je sens désolé pour vous des citoyens ici.

Il est évident que le bout plusieurs poteaux dans ce forum soient mouton.

Bahhhhh!

:rolleyes:
Mr Mouton, Oui, un bon nombre d'information ici, but its better that you don't insult people. Its not funny and its not clever. Ca va?

Dave :p
Dave , are you related to John Marles ? I see his posts and products on Scream and Fly .com all the time if it is the same guy .

Dave , are you related to John Marles ? I see his posts and products on Scream and Fly .com all the time if it is the same guy .

Tom, As far as I know we are not related.

Dave

C-mon Handy....could you dig a little deeper? :lol:

the current year is 2005....you're BS has been gettn spanked for over a year now :lol:

Congrats on all those 3rd and 4th place wins with your 60% nitro Mac killer engines that "really came alive"

I mean really….not even a 4th place finish in all of 2005….you’re killin me andy :lol:

please just stop the Hype B)

Kevin,

Here are some current up to date 2005 results for the MAC buggy engine.

XRAY DRIVER GENE HICKERSON WINS THE 2005 FLORIDA STATE NITRO OFF-ROAD SERIES

CHAMPIONSHIPS WITH MAC POWER!!!

"Round 7 of 8 rounds was held in Ocala. After a 5 hour delay due to

computer/transponder problems, round 1 finally started. Xray driver Gene

'the Machine' Hickerson took the early TQ in heat 1. TTR driver JR Mitch set

the new TQ later in the round as the track kept getting faster as it grooved

up even more. Travis Scrambling made his return to racing by taking 3rd.

Round # 2 was run under the lights and the track became slick. Lap times

were 1-2 seconds per lap slower then round 1, so due to the rocket round

qualifying system, round 2 was more of just a practice heat for the mains.

Non-sponsored driver Bobby Phillips took TQ with his Mugen for the round,

but did not improve on his 4th place qualifying time in the 1st round.

The A-main started at 12:30am, so it was cut short to 20 minutes. Because of

that, the goal was to pit 2 times at 7 and 14 minutes. At the start,

Hickerson followed closely behind Mitch. On lap 2, Mitch crashed in the S

section giving Hickerson the lead. With each lap, Hickerson started to

stretch out his lead. At the 7 minute mark, Hickerson made his way towards

pit lane but did not make it. Due to the extreme temperature changes from

qualifying to the main, his engine was adjusted slightly too rich and ran

out seconds to soon. Mitch also had trouble and dropped down to 10th. That

handed the lead to local driver Rusty Mihelich. Mihelich held on for the

win, followed by AJ Johnson in 2nd. Hickerson managed to work his way back

into 3rd after losing 1.5 laps.

The 3rd place finish clinched the Series Championships for Gene Hickerson

and his XRAY XB8. The huge lead over 2nd place can not be over taken in

round #8 next month in Daytona."

3 HP on 30% nitro?!?! <_< Sure!!!!!!

I just wonder why we boaters are messin' with 60+% in our .21's. When we could buy an O.S. Max and get 3 HP with 30%.

Marty Davis' best dyno pulls were around 3 HP on 70%, so what gives?????

ROSSI 21 VP BLACK MAGIC OFF-RD MODIF 1/8 CAR ENGINE $479.00

Rossi 21 Virtual Power (VP) Modified Series Black Magic Model 125R21 Off-Road 1/8-Scale race car engine with instructions, accessories and a glow plug. This engine has been modified by RBMODS at www.rbmods.net as the Virtual Power Series Rossi engine. The modification increases the air and fuel mixture flow through the engine which increases the engine RPM by 8000 to 10000 RPM and the HP by 0.6 to 0.8 HP. The www.imdra.com and www.rcdrags.com web sites post the race result of our driver Gerald Dunning on June 25, 2005 with the RB Modified, AXE Rossi VP Series engine. The specs before the engine modification are: 5+2 port system 3.5cc 2.85 HP 37000 RPM The specs after the engine modification are: 5+2 port system 3.5cc 3.65 HP 45000 RPM

The above article was a direct paste from a web site. That 3.65 HP is questionable!!!!!!!

3 HP on 30% nitro?!?! <_< Sure!!!!!!

I just wonder why we boaters are messin' with 60+% in our .21's. When we could buy an O.S. Max and get 3 HP with 30%.

Marty Davis' best dyno pulls were around 3 HP on 70%, so what gives?????

ROSSI 21 VP BLACK MAGIC OFF-RD MODIF 1/8 CAR ENGINE $479.00

Rossi 21 Virtual Power (VP) Modified Series Black Magic Model 125R21 Off-Road 1/8-Scale race car engine with instructions, accessories and a glow plug. This engine has been modified by RBMODS at www.rbmods.net as the Virtual Power Series Rossi engine. The modification increases the air and fuel mixture flow through the engine which increases the engine RPM by 8000 to 10000 RPM and the HP by 0.6 to 0.8 HP. The www.imdra.com and www.rcdrags.com web sites post the race result of our driver Gerald Dunning on June 25, 2005 with the RB Modified, AXE Rossi VP Series engine. The specs before the engine modification are: 5+2 port system 3.5cc 2.85 HP 37000 RPM The specs after the engine modification are: 5+2 port system 3.5cc 3.65 HP 45000 RPM

The above article was a direct paste from a web site. That 3.65 HP is questionable!!!!!!!
Joe:

I agree with you about questionable :blink:

Maybe you can get one of them and we can run it on the dyno. The Dyno is still ready to go down here.

Marty Davis

Marty,

I have a motor or two that I would like tested down their, so would I send it to you

or Norm? We are lacking 2000+ RPM currently on our SAW motor for the 21 Hydro

record, and we would like to find out some numbers now in the off season if possible.

We have quite a few new pipe designs that we would like to get some numbers on, so

the dyno would be a really helpful tool.

Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated.

Happy Holidays,

Mark Sholund

Latest posts

Back