dynamite .32

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black talon

i ran my boat around today and it wouldn't get on pipe no matter what.so i pulled the head off and around the edge of the glow plug hole in the button head,fragments had come off and imbedded themselves in the piston face .what causes this?

well There's lot of thing's that could have caused this, 1st. Improper break-in, 2nd. running it to lean,3rd, just a bad manufacture defect, Most of the dynamite engine, have been knowen to be of a good long lasting engine when ran correctly, if it's new see if your LHS will exchange the engine, if you have had it for awhile, look into replacing the piston and sleeve, make sure you take the bearing;'s out and clean everything ,reassemble with new part's lube it well and break it in properly

i ran a half gallon of 20% through it rich. then i've run a half gallon of 20%and a gallon of 30% through it with the glow plug wet and the wire grey and smooth.should i have run an entire gallon through it rich? as far as i can tell i haven't run it lean. but not having run alot of nitro engines i don't know for sure. as far as returns me and horizon hobbies are not on good terms and i got my boat directly through them. my piston sleeve is in great shape so i really don't want to spend $65.00 on a piston and sleeve. the head button is $11.00 bucks and i would like to find a piston for about $25.00 if at all possible. but i don't want to do this again if it was something i did.

Back