Dumb question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael winter

As I am used to running with outrunners, the cooling is in the mount. What is the correct orientation (in and out) for an inrunner cooling can? Motor is a 1527 1.5Y-full length can.

Thanks,

Michael

001.JPG

yup u got it..couldn't have said it any better myself
default_smile.png

This is interesting to me...

What would happen if I set the boat up with "water in" at the wire end of the motor and had the "water out" at the motor output end (motor shaft)? Is there really a difference?

Later,

After thinking on it, seems that if you run water in the top-front end and out the bottom-lower end, you would never get all the air out of the cooler. In from the bottom will push the air out of the cooler so you have all water inside. Somebody correct me if I have this wrong.

Michael

After thinking on it, seems that if you run water in the top-front end and out the bottom-lower end, you would never get all the air out of the cooler. In from the bottom will push the air out of the cooler so you have all water inside. Somebody correct me if I have this wrong.

Michael
BINGO!!!

It is also important to have the outlet as high as possible - turned to be at the highest position. Otherwise there will always be a bubble of air at the top of the cooling jacket. I often see the outlet on the side of the jacket, set up that way only half the motor gets cooling water.

That may be possible with this one, provided I can orient it so the intake side is not blocked by the motor mount.

Michael

Hi

What I have been doing on my water jackets is cyanoing a thin strip of wood (that is a snug fit between jacked and motor) inside the jacket full length down between the nipples which creates a barrier between the nipples so that the water has no option but to go in one nipple and travel right around the motor to exit the other nipple ensuring adequate cooling and no chance of bypassing direct between the nipples. water in bottom and out top nipple of course

Back