dumas skater

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikehowse

I have a dumas skater with an OS.81 inboard, i want to make a scale(ish)version of my neighbors boat(full size version of the dumas skater) and put 2-3 outboards on it for this boat what would be better .21 or .45 powerheads? also id probly try to do it as cheap as i could get away with so i assume .21s would be better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say that two of todays .21 engines would work ok, not blistering fast but since you are trying to save money and make it look somewhat scale I would say do .21's. A well know model boater rigged one of those boats up years ago with twin .67's and it did not handle very well.

Figure out a way to put cowlings on the engines and it would look cool!

did one way back in the day with twin 7.5's. was tough to balance out but ran great in a strait line. turnning was a deff problem.

You could try to cut out the 3/8" engine rails to lighten it up. I would think twin o.s. 21's would move it pretty good. Maybe 40-45 mph. Maybe more if the engines were modified. But, the hull is on the heavy side, so try to keep the build light. Just some thoughts....

ive been thinkin an im with yall .21s should do it and would look best, if i really jump in an do it im tryin to decide which merc 2.5 cowl i want to try to make

hard part is going to be trying to find some chep(ish) outboard that are worth buying, i want to try to do it on a lower budget if at all possible

hard part is going to be trying to find some chep(ish) outboard that are worth buying, i want to try to do it on a lower budget if at all possible
You can run Thunder Tigers. I think they are $219 new on Towers.

i have one with a K&B 7.5 and it runs well had twins on her years ago was a blast just woulden t turn well i also have a 11cc ob that i stick on when i want to get alittle stupid if your looking for more scale id go with a pair of 3.5 ob wich should get you in the mid 40 mph range it would handle better if you could have on engine modded to run backwards but that cost $$

SA400018.JPG

SA400019.JPG

Back