Dumas Miller American

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krusty 181

Hello all , im sure this has been asked before ,but...

what other boats can the Dumas Miller American be painted as for that year hull shape /design ??? (if any)

Any pictures would also be of great help

Thanks very much

Andrew

Hello all , im sure this has been asked before ,but...what other boats can the Dumas Miller American be painted as for that year hull shape /design ??? (if any)

Thanks very much

Andrew
The only other option without major physical changes is the 1984 Atlas Van Lines. Same boat minus the scoop on top of the cowling. There is a real good pic of Don Mock's '84 Atlas on RCU- http://www.rcunlimiteds.org/ Go to "Our Boats" & click on the box for that boat. He even gives the correct PPG color codes for the DCC Concept series of paints. B)

Hello all , im sure this has been asked before ,but...what other boats can the Dumas Miller American be painted as for that year hull shape /design ??? (if any)

Thanks very much

Andrew
The only other option without major physical changes is the 1984 Atlas Van Lines. Same boat minus the scoop on top of the cowling. There is a real good pic of Don Mock's '84 Atlas on RCU- http://www.rcunlimiteds.org/ Go to "Our Boats" & click on the box for that boat. He even gives the correct PPG color codes for the DCC Concept series of paints. B)
Thanks Don , i half expected you to be the first to reply :rolleyes: you certainly know your scale stuff

what Major physical changes are we talking ? deck upwards kinda changes ( perhaps a different cowl?),or like major major changes as in dont bother build a different boat...

does it open up a much wider array of boats that can be done ?

Andrew

Thanks very much

Andrew
Thanks Don , i half expected you to be the first to reply :rolleyes: you certainly know your scale stuff

what Major physical changes are we talking ? deck upwards kinda changes ( perhaps a different cowl?),or like major major changes as in dont bother build a different boat...

Andrew
Well ......

If it were me I'd do the Atlas unless you've got a fair amount of time to kill. I've always liked that boat in the Atlas colors anyway. B)

Thanks very much

Andrew

Andrew
Well ......

If it were me I'd do the Atlas unless you've got a fair amount of time to kill. I've always liked that boat in the Atlas colors anyway. B)

Don,

Is it possible to make a 7-11 out of it with a different cowling? I mean a legal scale version. I have half a Miller on a shelf. Somewhere...

It can be done, but you're looking at some serious reworking to do so. Let me show you what I mean:

Boat......................Miller American................................7-Eleven........................................Dimension Allowances

Length...................28-6(41.75 - 43.75)..........................28-9(42.13 - 44.13)........................42.13 - 43.75

Width.....................13-6(18.23 - 22.28)..........................14-0(19.80 - 23.10).......................19.80 - 22.28

Tunnel....................7-5(10.02 - 12.24)............................7-4(9.90 - 12.10)..........................10.02 - 12.10

Depth.....................2-3(3.04 - 3.71)................................2-4(3.15 - 3.85)............................3.15 - 3.71

Afterplane...............15-11(21.49 - 26.26)........................17-1(23.06 - 28.19).......................23.06 - 26.26

Picklefork...............132"(14.85 - 18.15)...........................108"(12.15 - 14.85).......................14.85+0

Now for some questions:

Are the sponsons the same basic shape?

Is the cockpit area adaptable?

Can the cowling be reconfigured and still look scale?

IS IT WORTH THE TIME AND EFFORT TO REWORK THE MILLER INTO THE 7-ELEVEN?

Last edited by a moderator:
Without changing the hull, you can build the atlas, Red Miller, Gold miller high life and the first Circus turbine. Cowl changes would be need for all of these, but the hull was the same. After the first year of the Circus, the sponsons were changed totally to jones style from lucero style. Now this is all from memory, but I think its correct.

Brian

Thanks to all guys for there input , i really have no preference other than not wanting yet another red miller on the water , nothing against them , just would like something a littler different , and yes i got a miller hull 70% at the right price , hence why im not starting a completely different boat , Maybe the Miller high is the go , does anyone know what cowl Brian is talking about and where it can be sourced?? I assume your reffering to the 88 U-00 ? if so maybe all i need is some plans ?

Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to all guys for there input , i really have no preference other than not wanting yet another red miller on the water , nothing against them , just would like something a littler different , and yes i got a miller hull 70% at the right price , hence why im not starting a completely different boat , Maybe the Miller high is the go , does anyone know what cowl Brian is talking about and where it can be sourced?? I assume your reffering to the 88 U-00 ? if so maybe all i need is some plans ?
Andrew
Yep, you'd probably have to make onbe yourself. The angles are fairly straight... wood would work. Find some pics and then some Newton plans.

Brian

Back