drive setup for .21 mono

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_laxmasta2039

hi all,

i've been getting all the stuff i need for my .21 mono together and came across a couple Q's........

please help me out if you know the answer:

-do you need a thrust bearing for a .21 mono with a regualr aeromarine strut and prather flexshaft [propshaft welded to driveshaft, not seperate pieces]?

-also, is there any standard size/threading for Rossi .21 engine shafts? trying to figure out what collet to get......

thanks in advance,

Joe

Joe, look on eBay, there was a flex cable and a collet up for bid by the same person. The bids on both were low. You don't the the thrust bearing on that strut, just make sure that you leave a gap.

thanks guys.

ron, i didn't know there was one on ebay, i was putting together a tower hobbies order with stuffing box and shaft, and found a thrust bearing listed.

1/4 28, thanks mike and rcb2 for the joint response! :)

Joe

The links work fine, Joe! Maybe there's a loose nut on your keyboard. ;D

What engine are you workin' on?

oh....woops.

i thought they'd highlight as soon as i typed them and they didn't. engine is Hammer's REX .21.

Joe

Hi Joe,

A REX is a Nova Rossi variant not a picco. I am 99% sure it will not fit. Just get a NR one.

GT ;D

Joe, I could have sent you a header also! I bought one that fits an 1/8 scale buggy that is too wide to fit in the Speedmaster 21 but would work in a hull that has more room.

my hull should have plenty of room- good thing is i havent put the check in the mailbox yet.....

are you willing to sell it?

let me know and i'll tear up the old one, then just bug my mom or dad 'till they write out a check for more and i'll pay 'em the diff.

i got the stuff today - wow! my transom's so small i don't think you'll be able to see a single bit of gelcoat under all the metal! one of those IMPBA stickers will look good right smack on the top of the hull in front of the cockpit, i'll probably just put that and one confederate flag instead of coating the thing in stickers like my OB rigger!

Joe

Glad to hear that you got the shipment. Rod got his stuff yesterday and He's in California!

After you put on the decal, put a coat of clear over it or a couple of coats of wax. Those decals don't like nitro. We are looking into some fuel-proof vinyl for the HH .12. My sister got some gold and silver 'flake in today that we might have to try. It would cost me about as much to ship the header as it would cost you to buy one from a LHS.

GT,

the header isn't made by Picco or anything, it just says "picco-style" meaning round exhaust port and says it'll work on most any .21 engine- are there different dia. exhaust "holes" on different engines?

Joe

oh yea, ron...how should i install the control arm?

it's got holes to screw it on, should i drill holes in the rudder or something?

if the header will work i'll take it, just name a price.

Joe

Hi Joe,

There are a number of differences in 21 headers including:

diameter of exhaust stub

style of exhaust gasket seal

the stubs can be either parrallel with the crank centreline or canted at an angle downwards.

don't want tobe negative but there are a bunch of variables that may get in the way.

GT

okay thanks GT....hey, that's not being negative, it's saving me from buying a header that doesn't fit!

thanks again for the help,

Joe

Ron- i guess i'll go ahead and send the 20$.

Back