Drill and Tap

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Cesati

Guys...I'm looking for someone who has the capacity to re drill and tap a collet for me. I do not have the equipment to do this in a precise fashion. Please keep in mind these Octura collets are some sort of hardened steel.

Please shoot me a PM.

Thanks and Regards,

R-

If you are looking to have that done, i would suggest the Aeromarine collet.

it is ALOT easier to re-drill and tap.

Carl

Guys...I'm looking for someone who has the capacity to re drill and tap a collet for me. I do not have the equipment to do this in a precise fashion. Please keep in mind these Octura collets are some sort of hardened steel.

Please shoot me a PM.

Thanks and Regards,

R-

toooo hard

Please shoot me a PM.

Thanks and Regards,

R-
HA WHY? new collets probally only cost less than $10

Please shoot me a PM.

Thanks and Regards,

R-
HA WHY? new collets probally only cost less than $10
Phil, This is my prefered method of fitting a collet :

1. Remove wallet from pocket.

2. Remove Visa card from wallet

3. Call Brian Watts or Stu Barr and order a new one.

4. When collet arrives apply a little blue loctite and tighten.

If its an oddball thread and you can not buy one thats a different story. If that's the problem Rick let me know.

Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Rick is looking for a 1/4-28 .150 collet for his .12 nova car motor? Not 100% sure though.

Andrew Grenier

If it's just drilling a new set screw hole .

• heat it with a torch
  • let it cool slowly
  • drill and tap the hole
  • heat with a torch
  • drop in a container of oil

Rick, i think i know where this search may be from..... idea from hell, but, i'd look into retro fitting a dremel, and maybe inside threading the collet cap on that...... just thinking.... mike

Latest posts

Back