DPI tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracy linder

after searching for electric outboard tunnels ive decided to go with a DPI tunnel. my question is where can I find a outboard conversion that adapts a electric motor to a K&B lower unit.I saw an old advertisement in a boat modeler for a PMP conversion, do they still make that conversion. any help on out boards would help thanks

Hey Tracy,

No they dont make it any more, i had just recently contacted John (from PMP products) about one but he had no more left...

As for adaption of the Electric motor, basically all you need to do is cut away the exaust area from the lower...then either drill out the top 3/4" or so of the entrance to the shaft, then drill the bolt pattern for the motor, get a coupler, shorten the cable a little and you are set :)

But Tim from Precisionboatsracing.com also sells a conversion kit with gears which i think could be made to fit the K&B.

Kris

Call Dave Rippy at Hyperformance.He has a complete conversion and a nifty out board that is cast a luminum.It is perfect for the job.

I have just received a modified older style hyperformance lower, which i was told Dave did himself (same as what Greg Schweers has) and cant wait to run it, but i have to fix up a few flaws with it, like the marks left by the sand casting and the skeg has a fairly significant depression on one side :(

Dennis, do you have any ideas on fixing these things? i was thinking that i could just fill them will epoxy fillets (microballons) or something and sand it all down smooth?

I also tried to contact the people at Hyperprod.com a few weeks ago, but they never got back to me :(

Kris

for what it's worth, I have a New 24" Dunlap Signature series Tunnel for sale on Ebay. It's very light and would be well suited for elec.

Back