Does anyoen run MOD with the Villain Tunnel?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodneyPierce

Does anyone run a mod motor on there villain tunnel hull? I am thinking of putting a Thunder Tiger mod motor on my villain and wondering what you all thought of that idea? Let me know, Rodney.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think most would agree the Villian is better suited for stock 20 size engines. It did very well in Sport 20 Tunnel at the 2006 IMPBA Internats.

JD
Ok, thanks Jerry. What would you suggest I run that motor on? I was going to put it on a TS2 that I had to do a bunch of stuff too, but I dont like how heavy the boat is now, so I dont want to run it on there. Let me know

I used to run one of my villains in Mod class with a Novarossi, it CAN be done, but like Jerry said it is a MUCH better sport boat than a mod boat. Things tend to get a bit squirley with a mod.

Go with a Lynx or an HTB.

~James

I used to run one of my villains in Mod class with a Novarossi, it CAN be done, but like Jerry said it is a MUCH better sport boat than a mod boat. Things tend to get a bit squirley with a mod.

Go with a Lynx or an HTB.

~James
Well guys, looks like I am going to run it as mod. I dont have much else choice right now since I dont have 300.00 for an HTB or a lynx, and this boat is setting without a motor. I am going to give it a shot. I had my other villain running mod pretty sucessfully with a KB mod motor, but this TT I think will be alot more of a motor then that. We will see what happens. The villain is about the best boat out there IMHO and we will see what she has to offer up and see if I cant get it dialed in. Thanks again, and will keep them in mind, but a lynx is pretty much out of the question! Rodney

I just have two words of advice for you, THROTTLE CONTROL. You should be ok if you do that. If nothing else it will make you a better driver in the long run.

Good Luck!, James

I just have two words of advice for you, THROTTLE CONTROL. You should be ok if you do that. If nothing else it will make you a better driver in the long run.

Good Luck!, James
I have a newbie question... how long is this boat?

Well if you have that boat just sitting there without a engine give it a shot... the worst thing that can happen is that you need to get another boat later on and bolt it onto that one =P

Sometimes challenges are funner...

Ken Hilldreth has a villain w/ a cmb green head built by steve cooper on a lawless and that boat is very fast and handels very well. i clocked it at 55 mph one day. all though that wasnt at race trim. but i have raced ken with my htb and he is not easy to beat..................Scott

Didnt Joe Monahan win the Namba Nats one year with a Novarossi/Villain?

It can be done, just not as forgiving as some of the bigger, heavier hulls. I run a villain in the sport class right around 50 mph, without much trouble.

~James

Big Red, the Villain is 27 1/2 inches long.

~James

Ken Hilldreth has a villain w/ a cmb green head built by steve cooper on a lawless and that boat is very fast and handels very well. i clocked it at 55 mph one day. all though that wasnt at race trim. but i have raced ken with my htb and he is not easy to beat..................Scott
Amen to that! I was going to try it anyhow, just wanted to see if anyone was FOR the idea instead of against it. Anyhow we will find out how it runs this weekend, should ahve it all trimmed out and ready to rock by the end of tonight, then I will post a few pics for Jerry Wyss, since it is his motor on the back! Thanks Jeryy!

Here are the pics. Please disregard the girlfriends hand there, she was holding down the cowel, as I dont have any velcro for it right now. Last pic is the TT with an Irwin stamped pipe! Cant wait to get this on the water!!! I LOVE this boat, by far my favorite one yet. PS: Boat is now fully rigged, had to add 5 1/2 ounces of lead to get ehr to the 30% mark, but that is less then i had on my other villain. Will see how it does with testing and try and get a few pics. Thanks again Jerry.

normal_villain%20with%20TT%20mod%20001.jpg

normal_villain%20with%20TT%20mod%20002.jpg

normal_villain%20with%20TT%20mod%20003.jpg

"5 1/2 oz" that's exactly how much heavier the TT's are over the K&B and I think the

OS too.

Well done Rodney, look's like your right on track.

Remember "Topfuel's" post about "throttle control"? He is Exzactly Right (i added the z),

blow overs will break servo arms, bend up your steering arms and could make junk

outa perfectly good servo,, so watch it at full speed.

Once you get the needle set it should be a Real Treat,, a mod TT can easily overpower

a boat that size,,should be fun if ya don't break anything.

Also: it looks like you have the pin angled slightly (top in) That's Good,, it will force

the bow in the turns,, just what you want. Have Fun!

BTW, Your girlfriend has a beautiful hand

JW

Looks nice... take a video of it running if you can... I'll love to see that engine going...

My TT is very near stock still.... stock muffler only upgrade is the reduced head buttom and it's lot's of fun... Jerry sent me head buttom... THanks a bunch Jerry! TT should give you a share of their profits =P

I recieved my replacement hull back yesterday so I got my stuff on it and ran it this afternoon.. It's doing a lot better than the previous hull... I'm still running the p215 prop that came with the engine... Will be getting another prop soon...

Here's some pics...

2404743_2_full.jpg

2404743_3_full.jpg

Hi Javier, Thanks for the kind words,,, Unlike the K&B the TT will handle the P-215,, it's

better if it has 1mm (.040")or more removed from the outside edge.

Conversely, the 440 don't work as well on the TT as it does on the K&B.

The 640 is the "go-to" prop for the TT and it is similar to the 215,, reducing they're OD

at different diamiters would be all the props you would need for the TT O/B at all stages of mod.

Once you do a couple you will see it's not that hard,, a good equal "scribed" mark just inside

the outer curved part of the blade is the key.

The rest is just sharpening the back side (faces forward) to the "new edge"

and balance is all there is to it,,, this is something you will have to learn eventually or

you'll have to wait for someone to do it for you,, sometimes weeks,, maybe months :(

Good Luck!, James
James hit tha nail on tha head there, VERY good advice ;)

Great pics Rod!

Gene :D

Good Luck!, James
James hit tha nail on tha head there, VERY good advice ;)

Great pics Rod!

Gene :D

Thanks Gene. And just incase people are wondering, I didnt write Grimracer on it, Mike signed the kit before it was assembled. Figured I would throw that out there incase some of you are thinking "what a looser, he signed grimracer on his boat!" :lol: Anyhow, thanks and we will see how she runs on sunday, I cant wait!!!

LOL... I didnt even notice that until you mentioned it. I also happen to have a "Signature" series Z man Boat. His old Nemesis.

Good luck with the maiden voyage, let us know how she does.

~James

LOL... I didnt even notice that until you mentioned it. I also happen to have a "Signature" series Z man Boat. His old Nemesis.

Good luck with the maiden voyage, let us know how she does.

~James

Will do! I havnt yet been able to meet Mike, but hope to do so at a race this year. He signed this boat for my buddy of mine, and I needed a new boat, so he sold me this one. Anyhow thanks again man for the good luck and "THROTTLE CONTROL" i will let everyone know how she runs sunday, and try and get a few pics if possible. Rodney

This thing ROCKS guys! Jerry, THANKS SO MUCH for an AWESOME motor! Here are a few pics and 5 movies of the boat. Sorry the movies are so small but that is all my camera would take. She just sings! Please let me know what yah think guys. I would like to GPS it and see what it has for MPH. I have no clue as of right now, but it is moving. I think I was runnign just a tad bigger then a regulation course. If not larger, then it was just at. We didnt set the bouyes up today, but I know where they usually run at and think it was pretty close. Anyhow let me know what yah think. Is it competitive?

Click here to watch Ellis-Pics-7-15-06-026

Click here to watch Ellis-Pics-7-15-06-027

Click here to watch Ellis-Pics-7-15-06-028

Click here to watch Ellis-Pics-7-15-06-029

Click here to watch Ellis-Pics-7-15-06-030

Back