District 4 Winter Meeting

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad,

As grim and Doug have both made excellent points of a good "local" club, or a good "large" club with a little drive time, both require the same approach to having the club atmosphere for all to be involved and succeed.

Over the years, here on IW, there has been many discussions of how clubs "used to be". Us Badgers have been running the club with a new leadership team formed a few years ago and are working on keeping one motto on club approach. "Less work more fun." We have even reduced our number of meetings in the winter to cut down on members trips during the winter months to use the "less work" on members to drive to the meeting in Wisconsin winters.

I think we are close to being a club that is close to "how clubs used to be".

We keep our less work more fun approach on all club "processes". We all love to run toy boats, but hate all the work to facilitate our hobby. So, we minimize the work.

Wok IS done by ALL members in one shape or form, with not one more important than the other. No different than the favorite football team of one of our members, Keith Ray, that recently won Super Bowl 50.

For any club to work, it takes less work by all members to generate more fun for all members.

I think its a pretty good process thanks to Doug.

I have boats to fix from last season still. Fun. (seriously, fun)

Hope it all works out for you. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like it used to be a great group back in the day and had some fun races. Wonder what happened? Oh well can't look at the past need to look at today and the future., one step at a time.

Brad,

Take the leader role.. not the club its self but the new guy role.. Tell EVERYBODY you know you proudly race RC boats.. Most will have NO idea what the heck you are talking about but ever once and a while it clicks.. I have a guy at work asking about our boats.. where do we run them.. can I watch a race.. Chances are he will not join in BUT.. he might know a guy that has a pond and............... well.. you get it.

IT has to start with the local club.. and grow out from that.. and its all because we are a somewhat small group of people.

Enjoy

Grim

Sounds like it used to be a great group back in the day and had some fun races. Wonder what happened? Oh well can't look at the past need to look at today and the future., one step at a time.

RC Boating is still a great group of people - all over the world. Just less people wanting to work together at club levels Less work, more fun. Work loads need to be shared in everything we do in life.

Good luck.

Here's what we have now. To my knowledge the N.E.W. Club in Oshkosh is looking for water. Maybe one of those guys could update here.

District 4 - 2016 Race dates:

Marquette-St Anne May 15 Gas/Scale. This race is on Rc Events

Badgers June 4th

Badgers July 9/10 Two day race-will be sport 20/sport 40 weekend races for the memorial cups. Not two one day races as in past.

Marquette-St. Anne July 30/31. This will be Nitro on Saturday and Gas/Electric on Sunday. Great prize giveaway. Stay Tuned...

Minute Breakers - Mendota August 20/21

Marquette-St. Anne September 24th.

Badgers Turkey Shoot October 9th.

Attachments

• D4 Scale HIGH POINTS 2016-paid as of 2-28-2016.pdf
    113.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 2016 IMPBA D4 Scale Registration.pdf
    71.7 KB · Views: 11
To the D4 guys, does anyone plan on running EF Hydro at the badgers races? (In other words will there be enough for a class?) I'm putting one together for Mendota but live so close to Badgerland I'd like to attend those too. We have enough of em?

Jr.

Larry,

I have an E Hydro i raced last season. Bill Eilers (also a Badger) also has one he races. There is a few more Badgers that have E hydros as well.

Should be enough.

Duke

Some of us Oshkosh members got together over the weekend. Nothing is set in stone, but it sounds like we might not have a race this year, things could change. Part of the reason is being the weekend before nationals and we looking for possible new places where we could hold a race in the future.We haven't lost the pond, its just not becoming boat friendly anymore, we have places we can run for fun, but nothing that could hold a public race. As I said things might change if we can change the date of the race or find a new location. Nothing can really be decided on the Winnebago pond until we can get access in spring.

Back