digital servos

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Schymik

is there any problem with using one digital servo and other analog servos on a standard FS603 FASST receiver

I know, with my FHSS 4PLS, to use digital servos requires a different setting on the transmitter than it does to use analogs. IIRC, there was something in the owner's manual about mixing servos, so it might be something to check into.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is directly out of the 4PLS owners manual:

￸ When using the T4PLS in the T-FHSS (HIGH) and S-FHSS (HIGH) mode, always use it under the following conditions: Servos :Futaba digital servo (including BLS Series brushless servos) Receiver’s battery :Matched to the ratings of the receiver and connected digital servo (dry cell battery cannot be used). Transmitter mode :RX MODE (See p.29 for setting method.) Under other conditions, the set will not operate, or the specified performance will not be displayed even if it operates. In addition, it may cause servo trouble. Futaba will not be responsible for damage, etc. caused by combination with the products of other companies. In addition, the FSU Fail Safe Unit cannot be used because the system is different. Use the fail safe function of the transmitter. ￸ When using analog servos, always switch the T4PLS servo response to the "NORM" mode. Transmitter mode :"T-FHSS(NORM)", "T-FHSS(NORM)"and FHSS mode (See p.29 for setting method.) Receiver’s battery :Matched to the ratings of the receiver and connected servo (dry cell battery cannot be used). The set cannot operate in the "HIGH" mode. Operation in this mode will cause trouble with the servo and other equipment. Digital servos (including BLS Series brushless servos) can also be used in the "NORM" mode.

Since your receiver doesn't list any restrictions, it probably doesn't matter unless the transmitter has something like above

is there any problem with using one digital servo and other analog servos on a standard FS603 FASST receiver
No problems here BrianI have a digital steering servo and a analog trottle and no issues for the past 3 years.

Just make sure you don't set tx in hrs or you will fry the analog servo
default_wink.png

Also keep an eye on your radio box battery, digital servos draw more juice............
Ray is spot on here, digitals are ALWAYS active, they draw current even when "neutral". Personally I would recommend no less than a 2000mah RX battery ( I run 2700s). As far as mixing as others have mentioned as long as your TX is set as if you had all analog servos you can mix them, I have both in my twin.

Back