digital servos

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byron westman

I would like to replace my servos with digital one so i can use my fail safe function throttle and steering. futaba 3 pm instrutions say that ,hrs function will reck anolog servos? if so what digital servo should i chose? any one with some helpfull tips would be great.

thanks

I would like to replace my servos with digital one so i can use my fail safe function throttle and steering. futaba 3 pm instrutions say that ,hrs function will reck anolog servos? if so what digital servo should i chose? any one with some helpfull tips would be great.thanks

Your Raido fail safe should work with any servos.. mine does.

I would like to replace my servos with digital one so i can use my fail safe function throttle and steering. futaba 3 pm instrutions say that ,hrs function will reck anolog servos? if so what digital servo should i chose? any one with some helpfull tips would be great.thanks

Correct, you dont need to run in hrs to use the failsafe. Fasst requires you to set the f/s every time you go out.

Hold the throttle in the reverse direction and hit the f/s button on the back of the tx. Release the f/s button and release the trigger.

Then turn off the tx to be sure it works.

Any servo will work off this function.

Alden

Last edited by a moderator:

Correct, you dont need to run in hrs to use the failsafe. Fasst requires you to set the f/s every time you go out.

Hold the throttle in the reverse direction and hit the f/s button on the back of the tx. Release the f/s button and release the trigger.

That would suck to have to set it every time my Airtonics i set it once and leave it..

Alden

That would suck to have to set it every time my Airtonics i set it once and leave it..

Alden

Ya kinda stinks but it is what it is.. Once you kill power to the rx, the f/s has to be reset when powered back up.

Correct,

if you run digital servo's you only set the Failsafe once.

I run analogue servo's and the fs works fine, it is absolutely zero pain in the behind to set the fs, all it takes is 1 second.

I know some would prefer to set once and forget about it, but what is one second?

if your afraid you may forget to set it, don't be. its part of the start up routine.

Dan.

the f/s only works for throttle in ppm mode if it is in hrs mode you can set throttle and steer in f/s ?. so if you lose contact with the boat you can get it to idle down and turn around to come back in range.

I have a 4pk & it remembers the failsafe for every model.

Last edited by a moderator:
the f/s only works for throttle in ppm mode if it is in hrs mode you can set throttle and steer in f/s ?. so if you lose contact with the boat you can get it to idle down and turn around to come back in range.

byron,,, the failsafe for the rudder is pretty much pointless... you should set it so it kills the engine... that simple.. if it idles down its useless anyway as the prop wont have bite anymore,,,,dont want to end up with a broken rod agian do ya???

really think about it,,, if it lost signal and a rudder turns,,, its just gonna do circles,, its not gonna straighten it self out when it turns around so it can come back into range....

as a side note that radio will not lose range ill tell ya that... you for sure wouldnt be able to see if the boat was coming or going and typically you stay way away from that kind of range..

set the little screw infront of the carb barrel so when you hit full reverse trigger the barrel in the carb is completely closed...

alden

run the fail safe on the throttle. if running on the rudder the boat can still be doing circle till it flips ,runs into something,burn down an engine from lacking water cooling. If you kill the engine (not go to idle) nothing happens to the boat.

Mpi and a couple other companies make small add on fail safes that are set once and forget JMO

Latest posts

Back