• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Digital level WTB

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Jefferson

Anyone have something used that suits this discription? SPI-TRONIC Pro 360

SPi 31-038-3

Digital level

Thanks, RJ

Has anybody tried the one that tracerbob is talking about is ther a big difference between the two , the other one being Don's link??????? :blink:

Fellas,

I think you will find you get what you pay for. :)

$140.00 is a lot, but it will last you a lifetime, and you will be surprised how

many other uses it has.

Good Luck,

Mark Sholund

I've got one just like tracerbob shows. I got it "brand new" at a pawn shop for $50.00. They had several at the time.

krpnova said:
I've got one just like tracerbob shows. I got it "brand new" at a pawn shop for $50.00. They had several at the time.
82795[/snapback]

Can you zero out that MD smart tool or do you have to level the boat first to find the angle ??

Tony,

I have one of the MD levels and I can zero it using the calibrate button. It has a cal1 and cal2, you just spin the level around 180 degrees for cal 2 and it gives you the zero. Too easy.

I got min from RJays.com - cheaper than Amazon and they will send it to international destinations unlike Amazon. (no big deal for you - but for me it was!)

Tim.

TimD said:
Tony,I have one of the MD levels and I can zero it using the calibrate button. It has a cal1 and cal2, you just spin the level around 180 degrees for cal 2 and it gives you the zero. Too easy.

I got min from RJays.com - cheaper than Amazon and they will send it to international destinations unlike Amazon. (no big deal for you - but for me it was!)

Tim.

82834[/snapback]

I think that if you hold the calibreate button down,it will zero out too.

:rolleyes:

Tony Jacuzzi said:
krpnova said:
82795[/snapback]

Can you zero out that MD smart tool or do you have to level the boat first to find the angle ??

82825[/snapback]

Tony,

Leveling the hull would be best :rolleyes: If you can not just use the reading you get from the hull and subtract it from the sponsons. :unsure: Just use the hull reading as your bench mark B)

Bob Morton :rolleyes:

krpnova said:
TimD said:
Tony,I have one of the MD levels and I can zero it using the calibrate button. It has a cal1 and cal2, you just spin the level around 180 degrees for cal 2 and it gives you the zero. Too easy.

Tim.

82834[/snapback]

I think that if you hold the calibreate button down,it will zero out too.

82845[/snapback]

They all zero out :rolleyes:

PHM Racing said:
Has anybody tried the one that tracerbob is talking about is ther a big difference between the two , the other one being Don's link??????? :blink:
82785[/snapback]

Yes there is a BIG difference. The Spi-tronic is designed start to finish as a precision digital protractor. The M-D is an insert specifically designed to fit INTO the construction grade levels they make. Since it is designed that way it's finished surfaces are not machined anywhere near the tolerances the Spi-tronic are since they were not intended to be used that way. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nightmare's links just prove my point. if you buy the MD piece with the correct aluminum level frame around it to work like the Spi-tronic you get this-

http://vansantent.com/digital_levels.htm

"Deluxe Digital SmartTool

Sturdy aluminum rail protects module

Rubber magnet base for hands free use

Length is 8", Height is 2.6", Thickness is 1.4", wt:15oz. $139.00"

Like I said already, the MD is primarily designed for construction use, having settings for finding slope & pitch percentages for building roofs. You guys do what you want, I'm sticking with something designed start to finish for taking the kind of measurements we use. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron

I got mine at Lowe's It's a digit smart level had it for 9 years paided $79.00.

Preston_Hall said:
For the price that went for I should buy some and resell on Ebay. Somebody should email the winner with some of the previous links.
83107[/snapback]

No kidding. Ebay once again proves there is an a$$ for every seat. :p

Back