Digital Controller

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Doane

Supporting Member
Does anyone who has a high temp furnace know where I can find a digital controller to replace the analog temp dial? I know these can be expensive but there has to be an economical solution for this. The furnace I have will go to 2000 deg. F.

I picked up a multi step digital ramp controller for $85 on Ebay a few months back. The temp range depends on the TC wire. Here's one ramp soak temp controller. If you don't need the ramp/soak function, the simple single set point PID controllers are about $35. I use the ramp function to perform stepped cures and time at temperature so I don't have to remember to turn it off. These controllers all require an SSR or mechanical relay to switch hte power to the kiln/furnace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone who has a high temp furnace know where I can find a digital controller to replace the analog temp dial? I know these can be expensive but there has to be an economical solution for this. The furnace I have will go to 2000 deg. F.

Just how much would be willing to pay for one. I have a few HoneyWell UDC3000 and a UDC2000 controlers. These units will work on many types of thermalcouples. What type of controls do you have? Electric or gas? And what is your thermalcouple?

Just how much would be willing to pay for one. I have a few HoneyWell UDC3000 and a UDC2000 controlers. These units will work on many types of thermalcouples. What type of controls do you have? Electric or gas? And what is your thermalcouple?
Mark:

The control is a ceramic reostat from what I can see through the vents. I have not taken it apart yet but I wll get back to you. It is an electric unit (110 VAC).

I picked up a multi step digital ramp controller for $85 on Ebay a few months back. The temp range depends on the TC wire. Here's one ramp soak temp controller. If you don't need the ramp/soak function, the simple single set point PID controllers are about $35. I use the ramp function to perform stepped cures and time at temperature so I don't have to remember to turn it off. These controllers all require an SSR or mechanical relay to switch hte power to the kiln/furnace.
Thanks Jon. I would like to have the r/s function.

Mark:

The control is a ceramic reostat from what I can see through the vents. I have not taken it apart yet but I wll get back to you. It is an electric unit (110 VAC).
I am assuming the old controller switched a contactor or relay for the heat circuit. You will just need to know what the T/C is to set up one of these controllers.

Back