• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dial-A-Prop by Dee Hughey

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Brown

Truly a testament to the knowledge and devotion that has gone into our hobby/sport, this system was designed and built by Dee Hughey (Ed's brother) in the mid 1970's.

Includes seven 4 and 5 blade stainless props, a complete instruction book and enough hubs and blanks to built a dozen more props.

Own this piece of R/C boating history for $350.

0829171828.jpg

Hello Andy,

seems not many want to solder some propellers . So the old man have to do it. If you ship to Germany i would like to owen this Dial A Prop tool kit . Please send my your paypal contact .

Happy Amps Christian

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Cow! This is a gem! Nice Andy! I hope this ends up in the hands of someone whole really appreciates it for what it is.

Hello Andy,

seems not many want to solder some propellers . So the old man have to do it. If you ship to Germany i would like to owen this Dial A Prop tool kit . Please send my your paypal contact .

Happy Amps Christian
Hi Christian,

Yes, I will ship to you in Germany.

Priority mail shipping is $35.

Paypal is [email protected]

Be sure to include your shipping information in the paypal notes.

Thanks and good boating,

Andy

Paypal received Christian!

I know Dee Hughey's creation will be in capable hands.

Thanks,

Andy

Clee Moreman my past neighbor and racing buddy had one and built some props.

A real art and skill to build a prop.

BTW: Cleve's name is on the EOP TROPHY.

He won it at the OXFORD INTERNATS

Hi Andy ,

thanks and for All . Will hold it in history . i have a soldering jig for two blade ,made by myself . I have build many propellers this way . The most are made from spring steel that is finaly hardend close to glas ,no way to bend ,they will break . The tiny propellers with the small blade are used for 1kg boats. Rev up to 50000 rpm full submerged are incredible fast .They are like airplane propellers ,not bad ,very efficancy. These are all soldered propellers.

Happy Amps Christian

ps: two weeks ago i was in Florida,Marco Island and Palm Beach and befor in California ,Ventura having familie there ,totaly 3 weeks US vacation .

IMG_2282.JPG

Hi Andy ,

thanks and for All . Will hold it in history . i have a soldering jig for two blade ,made by myself . I have build many propellers this way . The most are made from spring steel that is finaly hardend close to glas ,no way to bend ,they will break . The tiny propellers with the small blade are used for 1kg boats. Rev up to 50000 rpm full submerged are incredible fast .They are like airplane propellers ,not bad ,very efficancy. These are all soldered propellers.

Happy Amps Christian

ps: two weeks ago i was in Florida,Marco Island and Palm Beach and befor in California ,Ventura having familie there ,totaly 3 weeks US vacation .
If you can get some time off to come back to play in Jan. Brandon is the race you do not want to miss. JMO

Dee and Ed are the Orville and Wilbur of model boating.

I got one of these from Dee a few years back and was amazed at the simple design and engineering that went into it.

Thanks for all you've given us Hughey brothers!
default_smile.png

Hi Andy ,

Happy Amps Christian

Very nice Christian!

Thanks for sharing your awesome work.

What is the diameter of those " tiny airplane propellers"?

I hope the weather was nice for you in Florida. We have had lots of rain the last few weeks.

Thanks and good boating,

Andy

Hi,

thanks for the offer Stan , will see , children have the longest holyday in August. That's the reason wy we travel in August. All other school holiday are only two weeks .

@Andy ,

the Airplanepropellers are 35 - 38 mm dia (1 and 1/2 inch ). And the pitch is 45mm up to 70mm (1,7 inch to 2,7 inch) with the high rev motors the small boats realy fly . 1 kg boats are max 20 inch long and turn on a dime. I think you have seen such boats at the Naviga championchip . I am not the Kiloboat King ,my friend Hans Lehner won three time the world champion title.

We have all the luck and only when i drove over from Marco Island to Palm Beach in the Everglades the car was swiming with that heavy rain . I know this is the most raining month in Florida.

Happy Amps Christian

Latest posts

Back