DelMarVa Race(this weekend)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Sametz

Supporting Member
The heat was unbearable :( but the club ran a great race. Thanks again, had a good time except for Mother Nature blowing all our tents away. :eek: :eek: Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
is that a alligator in the water

was lots of good clean racing this weekend.

nice meeting u ray.great run off wtg on winning.see u next race.

piper was nice meeting u also.

moparbarn got beat by a girl :lol: :lol: :lol:

ferrette's tent got distroyed but that wasnt his in the water

The heat was unbearable :( but the club ran a great race. Thanks again, had a good time except for Mother Nature blowing all our tents away. :eek: :eek: Ray
Is that Ferrette's tent? Did you guys run t-boats? Mike
Yes, t-boats ran. Lots of fun to watch. Ray didn't mention what he went home with. ;) I took a bunch of pics, but since I just finished unloading the van and showering, I think they'll wait for another day...

Oh, and on the heat. Chris measured a heat index of 116.2 in the shade on Saturday afternoon. Brutal is a good way to describe it...

Mike, Ran two heats of Thunderboats, add mine and a couple of other guys, we'll be up to three heats for the Gas bash in July. Oh ask Don F about his new scale. SWEEEEEEEEET B) B) B)

Mike, Ran two heats of Thunderboats, add mine and a couple of other guys, we'll be up to three heats for the Gas bash in July. Oh ask Don F about his new scale. SWEEEEEEEEET B) B) B)
SOOOOOO did the EAGLE FLY? LUV THE ROUND BOATS

Thanx to all the Delmarva club guys,total effect was great

. when they said you could only run your boats in the hot pits I though that was a bad deal

but as the week end went on it proved to be a great idea nice and quit under the tents AND

no smelly fuel. I hope the other clubs develope this rule

Yeah my tent was destroyed. The one in the water being recovered by Steve Speas, Danny Weimer and others was Steve Sutton's tent. He was lucky, his was the front tent & went up & into the lake, mine got tangled up in all the tables that were left under the tents and was toast. There were just enough unbroken parts of the frame on mine for Bob Morton & Steve Sutton, who have the identical (big $$) tents to scavenge parts to fix theirs, I'll be shopping for a new one today. :(

On the flip side even though the heat was insane we had fun, you can't help it when you get together with these guys! Speas & myself decided our motto for the weekend was "it's too **** hot, so we just don't care". :lol:

A BIG, BIG thanks to Danny Weimer for all his efforts trying to save everyone's stuff, he was camping on site as site security & was running around in the middle of the storm grabbing as much as he could. Anyone who has met Danny knows he's always there to lend a hand when needed, even at other people's races. :)

Looking forward to seeing everyone again in July. Hopefully mother nature will dial down the thermostat a bit as this was way beyond normal for this time of the year. :eek:

can only agree with all that has been said. had a great time, very well run event, HUGE thanx to the weimers & greg heffner (sp?) for salvaging what they could. yes mikey, the eagle flew, LITERALLY! jeez, what a pretty boat, with the usual ferrette build quality. and yeah, i got beat by a girl...... still had a ball. too bad all the northerners can't handle the heat, living in fla. for 45 yrs. sure helped me get through a VERY hot & humid weekend. WATER IS YOUR FRIEND, this time of year, drink LOTS & LOTS. if you stop sweating, you're already in deep trouble. i learned that if you drink enough to have to pee regularly, then you are giving you body enough to have waste, beyond what you sweat out. you just can't drink TOO MUCH PLAIN WATER!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope everyone had a good time it was a great turn out also i hope all the 1st time visitors to our pond will come back it is great to see new people. I need to thank Danny & pop for staying at the pond this weekend we would have had a small disaster i we were not able to get the p/a down and as many tents as possible.

thanks mike hart

p.s I know i am forgetting to thank so many people

but we really could not do it without everyones help.

Well I just spent $700 on-line ordering a new 10x15 Caravan tent plus a new top for the 10x10 Caravan I still have at home (the new one that got trashed was 8x12 EZ-Up). If we run out of tent space now with 10x25 between the two then we got issues. :lol: :lol:

The Demarva club put on a real good show despite mother nature's best efforts to fry us all by day & trash the place Sat. night. I'll be looking forward to the Gas Clash there at the end of July. B)

Well I just spent $700 on-line ordering a new 10x15 Caravan tent plus a new top for the 10x10 Caravan I still have at home (the new one that got trashed was 8x12 EZ-Up). If we run out of tent space now with 10x25 between the two then we got issues. :lol: :lol:
The Demarva club put on a real good show despite mother nature's best efforts to fry us all by day & trash the place Sat. night. I'll be looking forward to the Gas Clash there at the end of July. B)
It only took one time, I never leave the tent top on. Mother Nature, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. :lol: :lol: :lol: Can't say I'll never wreck another boat, but I will NOT lose another tent. ;) ;) B) B)

It only took one time, I never leave the tent top on. Mother Nature, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. :lol: :lol: :lol: Can't say I'll never wreck another boat, but I will NOT lose another tent. ;) ;) B) B)
Yup, ditto to that. This is the first one I've lost & it will be the last, at least the last one mother nature will claim. B)

Yup, ditto to that. This is the first one I've lost & it will be the last, at least the last one mother nature will claim. B)
I didn't lose mine...what's left of it is in the back of my truck only because I haven't made it to a dumpster yet!

Well, my wife and daughter have been asking me what i want for fathers day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i called them that Sunday morning after i go to the lake and told them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

yep, it got mike also

carl

That's good Carl, Oh and by the way "PAYBACKS ARE HELL" I didnt see it till the next day!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I didn't lose mine...what's left of it is in the back of my truck only because I haven't made it to a dumpster yet!
Minus a few much appreciated parts to make mine whole again. THANKS!

Chuck H

i hear ya

now all i got left to do is gel coat the bow on the 90.

everything else is finally done.

carl

Back