dehydral/anhydral opinions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddieh

Hey fellas... another question.. I am building the 79-80 bud (griffon) from rogers plans , now I will be running the boat clockwise, it has annhydral on the right sponson (3 degrees) and dehydral on the left (also 3 degrees) this is as seen from the rear looking forward not to mention that the canopy/cowl etc is off set on top of the hull to the left? and also the driveline is offset to the left 1 inch from the hull centerline. I know this boat was designed for RCU guys who also run clockwise anybody run there with this type of sponson design, they are both the same width sponsons by the way.. anybody run this boat??

thanx in advance

eddieh said:
Hey fellas... another question.. I am building the 79-80 bud (griffon) from rogers plans , now I will be running the boat clockwise, it has annhydral on the right sponson (3 degrees) and dehydral on the left (also 3 degrees) this is as seen from the rear looking forward not to mention that the canopy/cowl etc is off set on top of the hull to the left? and also the driveline is offset to the left 1 inch from the hull centerline. I know this boat was designed for RCU guys who also run clockwise anybody run there with this type of sponson design, they are both the same width sponsons by the way..  anybody run this boat??thanx in advance

76705[/snapback]

This sounds like a good setup. The Anhedral on the right allows the boat to turn smoother. All of us run clockwise.

Brian

This sounds like a good setup. The Anhedral on the right allows the boat to turn smoother. All of us run clockwise.

Brian

76708[/snapback]

Brian Thanx for that! Man these buyz are big!! hahahahaha and beutiful too really nice to work on as I got ham hands :D

any thoughts on the 1 inch offset for the driveline? appreciate the help :)

The offset 1" to the left should not be a problem. Leave it as it is. In fact it will probably help you out a little, by counteracting the torque of the engine. :)

Jeff Stubbers said:
The offset 1" to the left should not be a problem.  Leave it as it is.  In fact it will probably help you out a little, by counteracting the torque of the engine.  :)
76720[/snapback]

And it could have the effect of runnin' ya into the first turn bouy. Alot of us are

angling the "prop blast " to the left (as veiwed from the rear) to keep us from

angling into the first turn bouy. (my hull and your hull Jeff in our avatar are same)

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe,

It can work on riggers you just need to know how much to use. The turnfin

becomes very critical also for the turning of the boat.

Happy Holidays,

Mark Sholund

Back