Degree Wheels

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonymods

Hi there,

i am looking for a new degree wheel for a 3,5cc (.21) engine. do you know who is selling them.

Thanks you very much

Tony :)

Any good auto parts store should have them.

Mine is an old Mr Gasket degree wheel.

Mark

Hi Tony, "Degree-it!" is a little wheel I got from a company "BodyGraphics" about 9 years ago.

They're mailing address is all I have, and ph#

BodyGraphics

P.O. Box 5542

Fullerton , CA. 92635-0542

Phone# (714) 952-3530

I had to hit the hardware store to find a small plastic bushing to help the wheel fit the

shaft on smaller engines. The wheel is only 4 1/2inches in dia.

Jerry

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Tony, "Degree-it!" is a little wheel I got from a company "BodyGraphics" about 9 years ago.

They're mailing address is all I have, and ph#

BodyGraphics

P.O. Box 5542

Fullerton , CA. 92635-0542

Phone# (714) 952-3530

I had to hit the hardware store to find a small plastic bushing to help the wheel fit the

shaft on smaller engines. The wheel is only 4 1/2inches in dia.

Jerry
Jerry and all

Body graphics went out of business 5 or so years ago. That is where I got my degree wheel also.plus they had a good prop chart. And a good selection of s/s fasteners.

Ralph

Awww, That's a shame,,But the engine analysis programs out now make things allot

easier. Just have to get good measurements.

Thanks Ralph for clearing that up,,,,I wonder what they did with all those Wheels <_<

What about one from a school supplies department of a store or an art store? Just drill a 1/4" hole in the center. The 360 wheels are harder to find than the 180's.

What about one from a school supplies department of a store or an art store? Just drill a 1/4" hole in the center. The 360 wheels are harder to find than the 180's.
Yup, for a couple bucks you can be done.

Save yourself time and guess work and buy the engine analysis software. All you need is a some type of precision calipers. Once the engine is measured you can make changes within the software to get the desired timings. Then you can use these figures to cut only once.

I bought one just like Ron suggested back in the day. You actually need to add a piece at the center. The center line of the full circle protractor is offset so the edge can be set on a line to measure your angle. I took a little piece of aluminum plate and bolted that to the center and then drilled the hole. The pointer I made out of piano wire that I had in the shop. All in all I think I spent $3.50 for the whole thing. Man I have not use that thing in over 10 yrs. I use the engine software now. Great tool.

Mike

Thank you very much for all your answers :)

I think I will try the "school" one.

I've broken my old degree wheel a week ago and I was feeling lonely and lost without this precious tool! :lol:

Well next time I wil try "the engine software analysis"

Tony

Knowing the dimension for cutting any port can be easily figured out mathematically. This is a simple trigonometric problem requiring; the connecting rod center distance from wrist pin hole to crank pin hole; the engines stroke; the distance from wrist pin center to the piston crown; & what ever angle in degrees.

Jim :) :) :)

Just for kicks I decided to look around to see if anyone had a timing wheel or 360 protractor on the shelf.

NAPA & Car Quest auto parts, Yamaha & Kawasaki dealers, lawn equipment repair shops, Office Max, Wal-Mart and the list goes on. No one had 360-degree protractors or timing wheels; and for what ever reason none of the above would order one.

Never thought it would be such an obscure item.

chunk t

Try a store that specializes in drafting supplies. Even in this burg, we have at least one of those. The best time to find one is when the stores have all of the back-to-school sales, a little late now I know.

While you're shopping, I found a 180 degree one that has a swinging arm on it. I first used it when I was racing trucks for setting up angles on the tires but found that it's great for setting up strut angles too. I cut part of it off because I only needed a little more than 90 degrees. I found that at K-mart.

Here

DescriptionVernier and Disc Dial Set, 1.500in. Outside Diameter, 180 Dial Graduation, 0-360 Dial Range. Material- 2024 Aluminum, Black Anodize Engraving Filled With White Enamel.

79010077.jpg

Product DetailsPart NumberS9909Y-GH-1UnitInchOutside Dia. (O.D.)1.500"W (W)1.760"Dial Graduations180°Steps In Degrees2°Dial Range0-360°Vernier Reading12°Material2024 Aluminum, Black Anodize Sell Unitea
fill.gif
Price InformationQuantityPrice1 to 4$28.205 to 9$23.3210 to 24$20.63Higher quantitiesAvailabilityIn StockSell UnitEachQuantity
fill.gif
CAD Models / Catalog PagesSpecs from printed catalogPDFPTC PartsLink3D CAD ModelsPhone: (800) 819-8900X491Fax: (516) 326-8827Email: [email protected]

Joe

That's to small for my bifocal eyes .. :blink: Need something in the six inch range ...

Butch :lol:

Latest posts

Back