December 9th - HOTMBC yearend Race Day

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve-O

B) Guys,

2006 has been an incredible year of RC boating at beautiful Lake Victoria and Igloo! We have almost doubled the size of the club this year and have the promise of even more members in 2007. All in all a GREAT YEAR!

Now....Because of the impending Christmas holiday our last offical meeting of 2006 will be Saturday the 9th.

I would like to propose that we make this a special event, and that we each actively encourage all the HOTMBC'ers to make it out to beautiful Lake Victoria for some end of the year racing fun.

Toward that end I would like to propose:

1.) The HOTMBC LSH Scramble! In this event we would have three boat heats, boats that place score points(1st=50, 2nd=25, 3rd=15, DNF=0) There would be enough heats where everyone would run one three boat heat with everyone else. Then the final race would be a Scramble where all the boats would run together scoring as follows: 1st=100, 2nd=75, 3rd=50, Finish=25, DNF=0, Bouy cuts get a one lap penalty. The top three point scorers receive a HOTMBC "2006 LSH Winter Scramble" plaque to affix wherever they think suitable.

2.) The HOTMBC 2006 Sport Hydro Shootout. This would be an elimination tournament of 2 boat, 4 lap heats. Lose two heats and your out of the competition. Pairings would be made by drawing straws. Hydros or tunnel hull boats with any power system with a maximum of 12 cells qualify. The winner gets a unique plaque or trophy.

3.) "Mono a Mono" Offshore Boogie! This would be a mono-hull offshore race series where any boat coming in last or DNF is eliminated from the next round. The Offshore Boogie culminates in an all out two boat race for the prize, the "HOTMBC 2006 Offshore Boogie Cup", this would be rough equivalent to the Valdosta Hooters Cup.

This would be a full day of racing, and would certainly be the most fun if everyone participated in as many races as possible.

Whaddya Think? Whose up for an event like this?

:) Glenn,

That would be SuPeR!!!

We are trying to shake Shane & Eddie loose from North Texas for the event as well.

Should be a full day of racing if we can pull in as many boats as we think we can.

Either way it will be a HOOT!

And right now the weather looks promising also!

If you can get the chance gome on up!

Later Gator,

I heard that Team Slow Mo is on there way to Texas to duke it out with the "Tommy". ;)
Listen, I have raced with Tommy, and I can tell you that Team SLO MO had better be quick on the rudder if they're going to run on the same water as Tom Taggart! The guys is a FEARLESS racer, and his boats run GREAT!!!

I'm not so sure that Lake Victoria could handle a 1/8th scale race (too small), but MAN!! would that be an AWESOME contest to have here in SE Texas! We do have a lake that would be perfect for 1/8th scale but we haven't yet been able to get racing there OK'd and organized!

But Maybe someday.....!

That really does sound like a neat format please let me know how it turns out.

B) Guys,

2006 has been an incredible year of RC boating at beautiful Lake Victoria and Igloo! We have almost doubled the size of the club this year and have the promise of even more members in 2007. All in all a GREAT YEAR!

Now....Because of the impending Christmas holiday our last offical meeting of 2006 will be Saturday the 9th.

I would like to propose that we make this a special event, and that we each actively encourage all the HOTMBC'ers to make it out to beautiful Lake Victoria for some end of the year racing fun.

Toward that end I would like to propose:

1.) The HOTMBC LSH Scramble! In this event we would have three boat heats, boats that place score points(1st=50, 2nd=25, 3rd=15, DNF=0) There would be enough heats where everyone would run one three boat heat with everyone else. Then the final race would be a Scramble where all the boats would run together scoring as follows: 1st=100, 2nd=75, 3rd=50, Finish=25, DNF=0, Bouy cuts get a one lap penalty. The top three point scorers receive a HOTMBC "2006 LSH Winter Scramble" plaque to affix wherever they think suitable.

2.) The HOTMBC 2006 Sport Hydro Shootout. This would be an elimination tournament of 2 boat, 4 lap heats. Lose two heats and your out of the competition. Pairings would be made by drawing straws. Hydros or tunnel hull boats with any power system with a maximum of 12 cells qualify. The winner gets a unique plaque or trophy.

3.) "Mono a Mono" Offshore Boogie! This would be a mono-hull offshore race series where any boat coming in last or DNF is eliminated from the next round. The Offshore Boogie culminates in an all out two boat race for the prize, the "HOTMBC 2006 Offshore Boogie Cup", this would be rough equivalent to the Valdosta Hooters Cup.

This would be a full day of racing, and would certainly be the most fun if everyone participated in as many races as possible.

Whaddya Think? Whose up for an event like this?

The three formats turned out great! It was different and frankly I had my doubts before the event - but the reality was it added a lot of interest to the day, helping to make it more special. I had a blast, and I think everyone else did too - Thanks Steve! The double elimination rounds were particularly interesting, allowing racers to screw up once and still have a chance at winning. I'm sure we'll have something similar next year. :D

BTW, Team Slow Mo never showed up. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a day full of friendly competition and FE fun galore. Steve Mason's program was a blast! As an update.........the Slo Mo V arrived today!!!! Thanks Dennis!

Back