Daytona Speeds

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Ten cars over 200mph Yesterday and a few in the 203mph range
blink.gif

Here come the new restrictor plates
rolleyes.gif

Andy

I agree. They will keep making them smaller, and the teams will keep finding ways to make the cars faster. Its just a big circle. Now with the talk of going fuel injection in 2012, I can see the cars getting even greater mileage and performance. I cant wait.

i dont know why they have restrictor plates Its racing. yes its a very dangerous sport and they can get very fast but whats racing if they have to hold you back from going faster...

julian

its all for safety Julian. Take one of the cup cars and spin it out at over 200 mph. The thing takes off like an air plane. That, can kill drivers as we have seen, and hurt or kill the fans. Its just a safety deal.

i understand that Rod good points. thats a risk all the drivers take when they race at any track you know. but i have to agree with you i used to race IHRA Pro Mod back in 96-98 safety is always a big concern even on those cars.

I mean use the Twin Rigger class as another exapmple if those things become out of control it can also kill the spectators they go well over 89 MPH and faster or even go to the Pit areas or beyond..

julian

I remember a certain C-Mono maybe X ? that went clean through I side of the Brandon recovery boat Julian - I cant imagine how ugly an airborn twin could be.

The video of Jorge's boat hitting the bank at Legg Lake several years ago at 140+ is a good example of just how far one could go.
blink.gif

I went to both races yesterday (saturday) and the cars were definitely FAST.....

side note, watch out for ticket scalpers, a friend of mine got stuck with a fake $100 bill yesterday from a scalper. We didn't know until we were at a "Gentlemans club" ....lol

Latest posts

Back