• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Daniel's R/C Starter

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Skiba

Used 1 season. Includes carry box, starter & starter battery. No issues - works great! $280 PayPal ok, includes shipping in the 48 contiguous.

IMG_2510.jpeg IMG_2511.jpeg IMG_2512.jpeg IMG_2509.jpeg

Hey Mark the starter is the same motor as Boris used.
IT will start anything you want it to with the battery supplied or 12 volts. There is no reason to use higher voltage. inhave been using one for 3-4 yrs.

Mark I use a 4 cell on my Boris starter it works great for any motor. Daniels is a little more refined than boris's . Daniel makes great products.

I agree that this thing has plenty of torque to start anything! I have, however, asked the manufacturer if it will run on 24v.

--Rob

I have one very similar I made that uses the same motor. 12v is plenty for all engine sizes. I use a 2 cell pack on mine and never have an issue starting anything. The 12v battery on a .21 motor is way to much.

Ron

Here is the Response from Daniel himself :

”No it can't.
The solenoid is 12 volt. The motor on 24 volt it would be ridiculous torque and rpm would be crazy fast.
It has way more torque on 12 volt than a Dynatron or a Model 4 starter running with 24 volts.

What makes you want to run it on more voltage ?

Thank you,
Daniel”

I think people started using 24v when they were still using gell cell batterys. My standard Sullivan on a 3s 5000 ma 35c Lipo is great. Lots of current there.

Last edited:
Back