D, E and F Outboard Convertions adapters

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julianconde

im trying to see if i can generate interest in CMB 45RS , CMB 67 and 80 HR greenhead and Mac 84 lower conversion adapters. I'm looking to see who is interested in getting outboard conversion adapters for the following.

If you are interested please let me know for what engine you would like a conversion for. im currently working with a Machine shop to design and produce outboard lower conversion adapters for the following engines stated above so we can keep running outboard of all types of displacement. they will be made for either K&B and Lawless lower unit as well so there will be flexibility as far as lower units are concerned.

i have some examples CMB 45 RS Jim Irwin Type conversion that will also be used for the CMB 67 HR, 80 HR and Mac 84. The conversions will look the same but just a bit bigger for the big block engines. there might be some smaller changes but it will look almost the same.

As far as a CMB 101 RS for a Gas outboard lower unit that will also be in the works too it will just take a little time.

Julian

Last edited by a moderator:
Julian,

I would get some of these from you. I will stay with K&B as long as I can but parts will force my hand at some point. I would be interested in one each of the 21, 45, 67, and 80. You will need to supply flywheels as well that will fit inside of the adapter, as part of your kit. I noticed you run a gas outboard. I would like to run this class as well. What hull/engine/lower do you recommend? Talk to you soon.

Ron

Ron and Greg i will try to keep you guys posted on the progress of the conversions and i also I will work the design around the engines so that there's no mods needed to be done to the engine or Case simply plug and play but there can be changes.

I have a CMB 80 HR im only waiting on a CMB 45 RS being shipped to my house so i can begin the work. the CMB 67 HR and CMB 80 HR everything is the same except P/L so that conversion should come out fairly quick.

if anyone else is interested please post here so i can put you on a list.

I will keep you guys posted.

Julian

well just got back from the machine shop he will have the design all laid out for the 67/80 HR conversion on Monday there will be no mods needed to the flywheels there will be a extra plate that will come extra for the lawless lower unit users and that same plate will also be bolted to the K&B. The 45 size conversion is coming right after that one everything is looking good. Ill keep you guys posted.

Julian

Ernie Lafleur already is making most of these Julian. Why do you want to make money on someone's design? The one that is pictured is the Irwin Nitro 2000 adapter originally for the CMB EVO2.

That's pretty messed up ....

Jimmy Johnson

Jimmy,

I thought I heard Ernie retired from boating?

Is he still making parts?

Thanks For The Information,

Mark Sholund

Mark,

If he is , that's a bummer... Great competitor. I've not always been the first to find these kind of things out, so my apologies if he has.

Jimmy

Jimmy,

Ernie is not making no parts he's completely done with the hobbie so is mr Irwin. The picture I posted on here is only for reference it's going to be different. Nobody in the us is making conversions are you suggesting we run Rossi,K&B or Nelson ? It would be nice to have a conversion out there available for any 45 inboard and also 60/80/90 or 101 for outboards atleast the model boater can choose what he wants to run and not worry about adapting it to a lower unit.

Sorry if you don't like what I'm trying to do. I don't think I'm doing a bad thing.

Julian

Truck On Julian, the hobby has lost many builders & parts makers, parts suppliers, Make Some parts & Sell Them, You need to get Hallum to send you a Picco 45 to put onto a Tunnel PTO..... It would be a SCREAMER for 40 Tunnel.... Good Luck with your New Business. Boaters will buy them if you get it figured out.

thanks joe ill let you know when its ready and ill expect the Pico from you for testing ;)

julian

Julian,

I agree with Joe. Picco in 40 outboard class would be the hot ticket. I've always liked their engines. Enjoyed the conversation tonight. I'll see what I can do about Huntsville.

Ron

I'm going to make it fit picco,Mac or cmb inboard engines. I'll keep you guys posted.

Julian

I'm going to make it fit picco,Mac or cmb inboard engines. I'll keep you guys posted.

Julian

Don't overlook the AA engines. Readily available and very price competitive. And if a reverse crank is needed, I'd bet that Al can get Rossi to make some. I know that possibly the MAC and AA engines may be close but will the cases work between the MAC and AA as well as the other parts?

Julian,

How are you coming along with those adapters? I hope you are going well.

Everything is good. I have tO go to the machine shop in the next few days work has been really busy.

Julian

julian I would be interested in one for mac .45. if u need my motor to help with template let me know. glad to see u helping to keep hobby going in bigger outboards :D :D :D

Back