D-14 Check in What ya running this season

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SayMikey

What you going to race this year,for me its Squire Shop, backup Excide and Bud later this year.....

My 83 Miss Renault is 2 coats of west systems away from going to the paint shop and Jonathon is racing his first scale; 1990 Winston Lobster Boat.

Buddy

The Timex will be the main race boat for me.

I have a new 8700 hull rigged up ready to paint, what you want to see? Winston or Smokin joes????

Anyone want that new Newton 102 roundnose hull I have? it would make a nice boat.

OH and will have a new gas T boat, new gas scale 82U55 for this year. Will have the new sport20, sold the old one, wanna new sport40.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scale 2010-T4 Peters & May and Thunderboat will be same as last year,But some updates. Doug Shepherd Madison, In

Last edited:
Looks like the U-10 Hoss boat will be the boat I race this season. Chuck will be Racing the U-13 Spirit of Detroit, The 93 Bud and the 82 Atlas are on the shelf for back up. Sport 40s are the same as last year. Ken

Mike,

Your Exide back-up boat is that from Shannon Harrison in Canada?? If so I have some updates that will make that boat corner and run much better. Sponson angles, Prop and skid fin.

BTW - New 93 Circus Two wing all carbon/kevlar vacuumed bagged with upgrade from team manager in Madison, paint by "Fat Boyz Collison"

Bert Dygert

Mike,

Your Exide back-up boat is that from Shannon Harrison in Canada?? If so I have some updates that will make that boat corner and run much better. Sponson angles, Prop and skid fin.

BTW - New 93 Circus Two wing all carbon/kevlar vacuumed bagged with upgrade from team manager in Madison, paint by "Fat Boyz Collison"

Bert Dygert
Yes Bert it is from Shann and could use some help in the corners.

Well, I am not running a scale this year I have gone to the dark side. Yes, Gas HA HA aha. :p

Na the 7-11 might make an appearance this year. Maybe maybe someday my painter will call me and say your Navy boat is ready. :(

Phil, Chris and I are making 1/6 scale gas boats too. So maybe we can race in a class this year. I am making 1979 Squire Shop and Chris is making 1979 Circus Circus.

Don

Well, I am not running a scale this year I have gone to the dark side. Yes, Gas HA HA aha. :p

Na the 7-11 might make an appearance this year. Maybe maybe someday my painter will call me and say your Navy boat is ready. :(

Phil, Chris and I are making 1/6 scale gas boats too. So maybe we can race in a class this year. I am making 1979 Squire Shop and Chris is making 1979 Circus Circus.

Don
Good to hear about the gas boats. Harvey Liberman in Knoxville is building a T6. He will bring it to Evansville this summer.

Your boats the 1/8th plan plus 20% size? full 1/6th scale is quite large boat.

Don
Good to hear about the gas boats. Harvey Liberman in Knoxville is building a T6. He will bring it to Evansville this summer.

Your boats the 1/8th plan plus 20% size? full 1/6th scale is quite large boat.
20% deal. The guy on here got lazier cut kits same guy you got yours from.

Don
For me to get into Gas Scale id have to lose the T-Boat and Whip.......not sure im ready for that yet..... but id do the Blue Blaster

Don
For me to get into Gas Scale id have to lose the T-Boat and Whip.......not sure I'm ready for that yet..... but id do the Blue Blaster
Guys-- I know I'm not in D-14 but we just popped the first BUD T-6 Gas Scale Hydro out of the mold and should have it on the water by May for testing - We lost 4 pounds from the E-lam hull that we tested last year. My OLY Beer boat from last season was close to 1/8 scale nitro boat speeds and with all the new go fast parts going into this new build I believe we will be giving the nitro scales a run for the money.. We will be running a R-254 with the JG 26cc HEMI top-end using the JG rear exhaust header with a insane ceramic hot pipe- We tested the set-up in the E-lam and we were able to spin a much larger prop and probably gained 4 to 5 MPH in that heaver hull.. All of you building Gas Scale Hydros should think about coming to Seattle in October for the NW Scale Hydroplane Championship race to show off your boats..

Marty Shallenberger

www.pnwta.org

The Timex will be the main race boat for me.

I have a new 8700 hull rigged up ready to paint, what you want to see? Winston or Smokin joes????

Anyone want that new Newton 102 roundnose hull I have? it would make a nice boat.

OH and will have a new gas T boat, new gas scale 82U55 for this year. Will have the new sport20, sold the old one, wanna new sport40.

Hey Phil. I like to see a U-10 Close Call or Wildfire. Both boats are beautiful with alot of color. Also I haven't seen anyone in D14 ever run one.

42165324fLwoFn_ph.jpg

Jonathon Benedict

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a Close Call one year and I also Had a Wiston Eagle and I have also ran 90 Circus Cirrcus I have also had a couple of Smoken Joe's One . I sold of the Joe's to Mark Tate . This was when District 14 was part of district 4

Last edited:
Back