Cutting K&B lower for header

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

29tunnel

Cutting K&B lower for header

Hi everyone,

I,m about to cut the lower unit on my old K&B, can anyone tell me what is the best method/tool to cut for this job? Thanks -Don

Re:Cutting K&B lower for header

i think people use a Hack Saw for the initial basic cuts, then get the dremel onto it to get the correct shape and looking nice :)

But someone will correct me if i am wrong

Kris

After you mark where you want it cut, a hacksaw does a pretty good job. I made a radius cut above the caitation plate using a 1" or larger hole saw, the type used for drilling out holes for door handles. eep both halves together while cutting but take all of the parts off. Rinse off the shavings afterwards with water or a spray like WD-40 or carb cleaner.

Thanks Ron and Kris, The hole saw and a mini hacksaw worked great. Surgery was a success.

A sawzaw worked greate for me.With a steady hand.

It's funny. I've made tons of these modified lower ends. But, boy wa I scared to do my first one. They are so simple that everyone seems that it's so complicated. Hacksaw and a Dremel, gotta love them!

Simple but too complicated for the guy I got my .67 from. He must not have had a good eye or something. HACKsaw job only, no Dremel. Cut too deep on the down-cut and too much period.

Maybe try to leave some of the material on the cavitation plate. It strengthen the cavitation plate and you need this if you park your tunnel on the beach the hard way. I got the Dutch record for this. 25 metres from the waterline. No Harm done.

I use a scroll saw and an air grinder afterwrds to smooth it up. looks like it was machined when its done.

~ James Clegg

I have found that you can cut away the bulk of the material with a scroll saw or band saw and then I have used a drum sander in my drill press to do clean up work. It works fine for me and leaves a nice machines look. :D

Ray

I use a CNC machine for cut my lower units, i have the program for this

and afterward clean with soap and wather.

Gatt.

Latest posts

Back