Crankshaft Reconditioning

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is not a web site. It is a pdf paper & it should come up on the bottom left hand corner of your screen. Click on open to read or print the 20 page pdf.

JA

Sorry Rudy. I'll try to see if there is another way to show some of the fixtures used for single & multiple cylinder engines.

JA

Send it to me Jim & I'll post it so everyone can see it.
default_smile.png

For this pressing/ repressing i use this reco dentalpress, bring 7,5 tons. I buy second hand for 80,-€. It´s strong enough for 15 CMB/picco + 26ccm Zenoah cranks.

Best on this press is the small size ! take a look on the beer (0,33L)

20160401_223457.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Frank,

Its a nice looking unit, but at 7.5 tons it probably would be to low for the rebuilt crankshafts we are building. The reason is because all rebuilt crankshafts use an oversize crank pin. For example, the first rebuild of a .3937" (10 mm) crank pin is replaced with a.3942" pin. The second rebuild of this same crankshaft would use a .3948" crank pin. We use this same process for rebuilt crankshafts with 12 mm (.4724") crank pins. Rebuilt crankshafts use crank pins made of full hard M-2 steel, M-50 steel or AISI 52100 steel. We are using a 12 ton press for these rebuilds.

JA

Willie,

I use a different type of fixture to disassemble & assemble single cylinder crankshafts. After checking the crank pin hole's dimension from the crankshaft's center line & it's squareness to the crankshaft's center line, only identical parts are pressed together to make an assembly. The fixture shown can assemble crankshafts within .0005" total indicator run out, end to end, before truing.

Jim Allen

Back