copper pipes ,lighten flywheels,circle cranks

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

Ike

do they do what they clam ? and what the pros n cons of using then , and who selles coppes pipes?

Do you mean Cooper pipes? If that's it, try Brian Watts at www.rocketcityracing.com

I heard that the circle crank , flywheel will increase the rpms , and decrease torque due to less weight. As for the copper pipe i saw it a nother furum but no one said were they bought them from , they spoke of them like they may be worth looking into. Just tring to get some info before I spend the bucks.

I assume you are planning to run a gas engine. The best modified Zenoah engines I know about are built by M&D and Midwest Engines. M&D builds their own steel pipes, and Midwest builds aluminum ones. Both work well when matched to your hull and prop. Quickdraw pipes tend to break more easily than the two mentioned above, but also run well when the proper cut pipe is selected.

The main problem with all of these pipes is poor muffling with the new engines. The Cooper pipe is one of the first to address this. Jim Irwin also makes an add on that promises to work well. The Quickdraw stinger muffler on a Quickdraw pipe also works well. Water injection into the stinger muffler tip quiets the M&D pipe, and large size stinger mufflers help the Midwest pipes. The Hanson stinger muffler is not enough.

Lohring Miller

Lohring

Thank you for the info on the Qd pipes too bad I found out they break easy after I bought one; not to mention they put out alot of heat , mine melted the radio lid. They need to tell people these things before they sell them so you can shop around first or at least know what may happen if you use them. Oh well live ,learn,and crave more speed

I run these pipes on all my inboards and have never had a problem with cracking or overheating. However I do run isolated engine mounts and inject water from the engine outlet to cool the pipe and to reduce noise. If there is a problem with the pipe Mr. Copper will take care of it. Steve Copper is a friend and fellow racer. I will help you with the pipe.

Alan Atkins

[email protected]

918-321-3800

918-291-1111

I ran a Quickdraw pipe for years without breakage. The mounting is very critical. The stinger end MUST be flexably mounted, preferably with a rubber isolator (Lord mount). This is a good idea with any gas engine's pipe due to the vibration level on the big engines.

All gas pipes run much hotter than nitro pipes because the exhaust is much hotter. Exhaust gas tempreture is about 250 degrees C in a nitro engine and about 500 degrees C in a gas engine.

Lohring Miller

Back