Cooper Inboard Quiet Pipe knockoffs or real USA made?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James,

I have like 15 of these, the only issue I see is the end that goes to the motor is tapered, all of mine are straight. Looks nice for sure.

Beau

Anthony,

Yes I have 15 I buy them for spares. When I did some testing last year the only pipe that seemed to work on my A Mono was a .21 Cooper pipe on a CMB Valvola motor and I tried the 3280, Mac, and a Go pipe, the cooper pipe and the cmb were a match. I did try a 40 size cooper pipe on my .45 Eagle with a Mac and was not a good choice. They did not work for me on my riggers, but when I finish both of my Sport 40's I am going to test a cooper on a CMB RS, and see what happens.

Beau

Steve is right. I remember Steve talking about the bulk orders he had shipped to japan.

Last edited by a moderator:
We run a Cooper pipe on our sport 40 and it works great. It's also very quiet. The db's are in the 80's while it on the starting table. Fabulous pipe.

Buddy

James,

These look like originals to me as well. The only engines where I have seen issues using the Coopers were on the big blocks. You gotta get the heat out of those motors or they will eat away at the pistons. Good luck.

I run one on my 40 Mono with a purple head CMB and it works very well, the only problem I have is not being able to hear the boat when several guys are launching at once. :rolleyes:

Anyone have a Cooper 21 Outboard pipe they are will to part with? I had one and it worked great. I sold the boat/engine/pipe 3 years ago. Then Glenn Quarles provides a NR "KEEP" OB and now JD's wishing he'd keep that Cooper.

JD

Anyone have a Cooper 21 Outboard pipe they are will to part with? I had one and it worked great. I sold the boat/engine/pipe 3 years ago. Then Glenn Quarles provides a NR "KEEP" OB and now JD's wishing he'd keep that Cooper.

JD
Hard to come by Jerry, especially the ones with the cast aluminum elbow!!!.... :)

James,

I have like 15 of these, the only issue I see is the end that goes to the motor is tapered, all of mine are straight. Looks nice for sure.

Beau
Beau, the pipe in the picture is a true latest design, Cooper 45 pipe with the 4 stage angels in it, if the pipes U have are the straight at the header connection, those are the earlier design cooper pipes 2 angle design, The pipe pictured in the first post is a latest design 45 pipe manufactured by Steve Cooper.dick

Dick,

After looking at the pile in the garage I have a few new ones and some older ones for sure. Thanks for the clarification. I love these pipes, they have worked great for me on various boats.

Beau

JD
Hard to come by Jerry, especially the ones with the cast aluminum elbow!!!.... :)
is there another kind, ron? i've only ever seen the one with the cast section. are there other versions out there?

Yes. The Irwin version was what I was thinking about Robin, round and not stamped. Looks kinda like a Rossi.

ok, just wondering, 'cuz the cast one is the only COOPER ob pipe i know of. the irwin quiet pipe you're talking about is very good also.

Back