COOL BEANS! This place is starting to rock!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Paul,

Yeah the PIP or the Hydro/Marine were the ones I was lookin at, Thanks for the tips ;)

Outta fit the budget nice too,

Gene ;D

Doug, also good stuff to know on the motor primer,

Thanks Man ;)

Ha,Ha, I might get the hang of this yet 8)

Ahhh Steven

4200 Kv motor direct drive on 12 cells in an 8 lb. boat = magic smoke ;D

Now, using a gearbox, the 4200 Kv might be just the ticket but 8 lbs for a 12 cell boat "ain't never gonna cut it" :D
Doug, what I was trying to get at was it gets difficult to decide which motor to buy based on kv. If I were just jumping into this hobby a 4200 would like a great choice based on rpms alone. How many times have we seen this type of post "why doesn't my kit boat go faster with my 35k rpm mod motor?"

some real good idas here.... peter had a bunch!

I was thinking of a getting started board for beginners.... it is the most popular over at rcezone i believe?

Hello Larry,

I haven't used a Castle controller so I can't say, don't see why it wouldn't work though. I really think dollar for dollar you can't beat the Hacker 70.

Paul.

Gene

the best shovel is sold by Fullers (I am biased I am the source of them) the Cabover 24 went to the 2003 Nationals and in its first outing against sorted hulls took the Championship in the hands of Dick Crowe.

All hulls have turn fin and transom doublers built in and are comming in around 12.5ozs with a glossy gel coat (somewhat lighter than the Bandit) and in electrics weight counts.

Picking a brushless motor - allow about 20-24g of weight per cell or a driect drive setup - for 12 cell DD go for a kv of 1900-2200 - the 4-6 pole motors seem to be more tolerant of a higher kv while still letting u run a prop diameter which gives good thrust and speed

Hi Andrew,

That is wild, I just sent Grim a pic of a cabover today I was thinkin about, I'll check out your site and take a look, thanks for the tips ;)

Gene ;D

Hey Guys,

Lets not forget I beat that cabover TWICE with 2 different hulls. Once with a 4lb15oz auw plastic UL1 and once with a H&M Lifter pickle that had a bare hull weight of 1lb 4oz. Not to say it's a bad hull but it aint all that either.

Paul.

Ha,Ha, A little racin banter here ;)

I have been readin a little about BL, About wire ga. length, and connections, lots of stuff to learn,

Gene ;D

Paul, I know that when it comes to any particular hull a lot depends on the setup and who is driving the boat. This is true with almost any competitive hull. Obviously you know how to get the most out of your boats and make them perform to the best of their ability. The proof of just how good the cabover is will be when you have a chance to put one of your hulls up against Dick's cabover. Most everyone knows that Dick also knows how to setup a boat for it's maximum performance and he is a master when it comes to driving. Not saying you aren't a good driver. Proof in the pudding will be when you and Dick can hookup. Only then will we really know just how good yours or his hull really are. Something to look forward to next year.

Hello Larry,

I agree with what your saying, no doubt. Just talkin a little smack. ;) I can't wait to be able to lock horns with Dick, it's about time he got beat up a bit, lol. ;D

Paul.

Back