CONGRATS Bob Kensill

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TUNLBOTR

Congratulations,

Bob Kensill, he put the Guitar down, and played a different tune.

2010 IMPBA US-1 Champion. :)

B Outboard Tunnel

Good job dude........

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job Bob.. when you get the chance and you read this.. tell us more about your race!

Grim

Way to go Bob. That boat was a rocket at the Worlds. Even put a little fear in Randy there. Times, times? What did you run?

Mic

Got that right Mic.

If he hadn't spent all day working friday, and driving all night 14 hours (missing 2 rounds) he was primed to be top 3 at WTC. Looks like he had a sweep, heat racing, 2 lap and SAW. Everybody did a great job. Mike Crawford nipped at him the whole way, made him work for it.

My head is still spinning! The HTB/Novarossi combo ran flawless all week. Mike Crawford gave me a real run for the money. We were the 2 fastest 21 tunnels at the event. My boat handled better in the corners,but on the straights we were pretty evenly matched. As far as Oval and SAW times,I opted to go last so I only had to push enough to beat Mike. I took first in Heat racing,Oval time trials and SAW time trials. This got me US1. The real surprise was the "Excellence of Performance" trophy I got at the end of the awards ceremony. I still can't believe it! I also took first place in "E" and "F" tunnel heat racing with perfect scores in both classes. Neither class had enough boats to be eligible for US1. I owe alot to my wife Karen and my friend Garry Geiselman for helping me get on the starts and keeping me from shaking so bad on the driver's stand. For those of you that don't know me very well,I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease about two years ago. The tremors(shakes) were pretty bad the first couple of days. Karen and Garry Helped me put my left arm in a sling and then wrapped two ace bandages around me to restrain my arm against my body just so I could hang on to the radio. That alone should have kept me from winning,so I guess there was someone looking down on me or it was just my turn to win! A special thanks to Mike Laing and the Performance Model Boat Club for defying the odds and putting on such a premier event.I sure missed all the drivers that couldn't make it this year. Thanks for everything.

Bob Kensill

Good job on showing them how real drivers do it no matter the age, can still win. Very Good Job BOB

Congratulations Bob! That is awesome!!!!!

Russ
Thanks Russ

I do have a question for you. My new Futaba 4PK rubbed a blister on my trigger finger,the opening is too small. Do they offer a different trigger or do I need to heat up this one and bend it open a little? Other than that,I love the radio.

BOB

AS I HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN YOU WILL ALWAYS BE A WINNER { NOW THE REST OF THE WORLD KNOW'S IT TO }

CONGRATZ BUDDY

RICK REISINGER

Great job Bob, I was real pleased to here you got that U.S.1 and the E.P>trophy, It was a long time coming my friend, great job.

John Otto

Bob's signature block indicates an HTB 290 and a NR 3.5 combination. Is that the hull and engine combo used to win the title? If so I'm glad to see the HTB 290 getting it's due! Thanks, James

Bob,

Congrats.

I knew you were having troubles driving back in 08 at the worlds.. you were kind enough to share your issue with me back then.. Having said this I KNEW you were far from over in the Bob K School of RC tunnel racing… My guess is, as hard as it might be from time to time your going to keep on winning… it can be dang hard to beat a true tuner/driver.

Here is how I see it.. the best of the best..

Tunnels Bob Kensill and John Otto

Hydros: Gary Preusse and Marty Davis

Monos: Jerry Crouther and Joe Warren

There are others but to me and I bet most others I have come close to naming the best of the best over the last 15 years or so..

And I can field that question.. Futaba does not offer a larger trigger.. the car guys are doing the same thing.. Heating them up and bending them.. IF you have any trouble with this let me know.. I bet I can find a new trigger for ya around here.

Grim

Congrats Bob you are a worthy opponent in any class you race. You are past due in winning a US-1 and should of had many by now. Looks like with no one stepping up for a US-1 Based nats next year you will be able to savor it a bit longer..Again Congrats.......coming to Celina??? Mikey

Back