Compact batteries

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmunn

Guys I am usling a 6V hump pack made with 5 AAA Nimih batteries and am checking to see if there might be something more light and compact that i could fit up under the stuffing tube in my 21 jae.Now my pack is about mid box and was thinking about getting a little bit of weight off the prop or ski area to see how that handles.

My thinking is that because i am using a couple degrees neg in my strat that I could be alittle tail heavy.

The boat runs fine, maybe not as fast as others but I think my neg strut angle although keeping the sponsons planted really well (which I like)is robbing the boat of some speed.

It works pretty nice but I am always experimenting.I block sanded the transom and added a .030 peice of g-10 to square it up and eliminate the crushing from the hardware so my thinking by adding that will make it even more tail heavy but perhaps I am overthinking again.

I would like to get the battery up front and under the stuffing tube in my box but my current pack will not fit.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

I just started running LiFE this year. Very nice and very light weight.

But Terry, something to think about with a ski boat, YOU NEED weight on that ski, or your prop is going to start blowing out when going over any sort of wake/chop. Just my limited opinion and another avenue to think about.

Thanks for the idea's guys.I don't really want to buy another charger and different battery chemistry for something I "think" might help.I do appreciate the input and will give it some thought.I was hoping that there might be an economical but strong nimih pack and I could use as an experiment and continue to use my current charger.It does do Lipos so i will check that out but don't know much about them but I have a friend nearby that does.

Thanks again.

Terry,

Sleeve your bolts thru the transom.

No crushing at all.

LiFe batteries are the way to go, A-Main Hobbies.

Good Luck Testing,

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
LiFE pack, once you go that way you will NEVER go back! The down side is you need a LiPO/LiFE charger to use these.

Paul
Hobbyking.com Has the I max 6 or I max 8 chargers CHEAP...... also the Towerhobbies.com Venom charger has a balancer built in for $99.00 Also hobbyking sells a 2s 3s D/C charger for about $15.00

terry you go on eBay they also sell some very tiny life batteries you can use also

Latest posts

Back