Colour Codes for late eighties Oberto Red & Green?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobGutsell

Hi Guys

Every photo I have of the 88/89 Oh boy Oberto makes the red and green look different shades. It looks like it might be the same colours as the non-canopy version, but even that seems to vary in different photos. So for now, I don't want to match to photos if I can avoid it.

Can anybody help with the correct colour codes, I'm dangerously close to laying down some paint over the next few weeks.

Cheers

Bob

89 Oberto 1.jpg

oberto%20_89006.jpg

Most of the color variances are due to the types of film and the conditions the picture was taken in. For example, look at the color of the water in the two pictures, one is more green than the other and thus optically affects the appearance of the boat's colors

Yeah HJ that's what I thought too, ambient light conditions also cause colour shifts, so was thinking if somebody can help with actual codes that might get me closer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys

Every photo I have of the 88/89 Oh boy Oberto makes the red and green look different shades. It looks like it might be the same colours as the non-canopy version, but even that seems to vary in different photos. So for now, I don't want to match to photos if I can avoid it.

Can anybody help with the correct colour codes, I'm dangerously close to laying down some paint over the next few weeks.

Cheers

Bob
I bet the Newton paint plan has the color codes on it

Not that I've seen, it just has Greed and Red marked in the appropriate areas. I'll have a closer look tonight to double check.

Many of the color sheets I have don't have color numbers while others have codes for Imron. For me, I can get PPG matched to Imron at a local supply house so those aren't an issue. You might be able to use the colors from the 8255 version is I think they are close

HJ, When you say 8255 are you referring to the open cockpit version, they're both 8255 as far as I can tell. Also from what I've seen, the colour looks the same for both so if anybody had the colour codes for the fopen cockpit I'd be happy they were close enough.

Wayne, Castrol Green and red do look very close, they're certainly another option.

No problem Bob. When you consider how many boats Art Oberto has sponsored over the years, confusion is to be expected on occassion B)

Back