CMDi Gas Hydro, Freebird,

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
interesting looking. Though by the rules i dont believe thats a NAMBA legal hull.

Your graphic work is amazing...hard to believe you just did that on a computer.

interesting looking. Though by the rules i dont believe thats a NAMBA legal hull.
It's 100% legal. You must be thinking of the Classic Thunderboat rule of 48" length.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's 100% legal. You must be thinking of the Classic Thunderboat rule of 48" length.

c. All sport hydros must resemble full scale racing boats and may be of current

or historical design.

Section 27, Page 4.

What real hydro does it resemble?

:lol: :lol: Feel free to protest it, guarantee you'll lose.

I'm sure some people were saying the same thing when the Whiplash came out.

:lol: :lol: Feel free to protest it, guarantee you'll lose.I'm sure some people were saying the same thing when the Whiplash came out.
im just nit picking.... i dont care, i dont run sport hydro or run in namba :rolleyes:

NICE Roger!

Side view coming up next!

BTW- The hull is 47" X 24".

The complete engine and pipe will fit under the cowl.
SWEET.........

I like it! Especially being able to tuck everything everything under the cowl.

Andy,

looks great, and very tempting :)

Roger,

Great job! You really woke it up.

:lol: :lol: Feel free to protest it, guarantee you'll lose.

Glenn, it somewhat resembles your Scale boat if you look at it from the right angle and with the sun going down. What do you think? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :blink:

Robert Holland
I think you're right!

If I can get Roger to work some of his magic we can post a picture of the Freebird running :p

NICE Roger!

:ph34r: NICE boat :huh: I wish Sport 40 for Nitro but hull is too big for GAS :rolleyes: I wonder that Do you build for sport 40 as same as Freebird?

This hull is intended for IMPBA/NAMBA Gas Sport Hydro. At 47" It is a little longer than other boats such as the 44" Insane.

However, this hull will run the prop and rudder at the transom the way Sport 45 and 1/8 Scale do.

We are also planning to set this hull up to work with Big Block Nitro and twin Nitro power.

We are working on a complete set of matching hardware.

NICE Roger!

SWEET.........

I like it! Especially being able to tuck everything everything under the cowl.

Andy,

looks great, and very tempting :)

Roger,

Great job! You really woke it up.

Waltr,

THANKS!

Glad you like it.

You know we'll be very happy to put your name on one. :)

**** Andy, you keep outdoing yourselves down there!

Some of the current Gas sport hydro's are kinda on the ugly side but this baby has some kick-ass looks. You're going to sell a ton of them!

Add an inch block at the transom and it seems to be a legal NAMBA Thunderboat. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm $$$$$$?????

Add an inch block at the transom and it seems to be a legal NAMBA Thunderboat. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm $$$$$$?????
Geeez, NAMBA doesn't even have a set of national rules yet & already the class is getting bastardized. :p

Gotta kick that hornet's nest eh Rip? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OOPS!! You are right. The picklefork & cowl would never pass for a 70's model Thunderboat.

Never Mind ;) ;)

or historical design.

Section 27, Page 4.

Maybe, but what hulls does the Insane, Seaducer and many others resemble?

The Sport hydro classes in both nitro and gas have been kind of loose there except for the hull setup basics. Whether it's a cowling that barely has a drivers compartment to the huge bulges to cover the gas motors there are liberties taken. "Resemble" is the key word there as this is not a scale hydro class.

or historical design.

Section 27, Page 4.

Maybe, but what hulls does the Insane, Seaducer and many others resemble?

The Sport hydro classes in both nitro and gas have been kind of loose there except for the hull setup basics. Whether it's a cowling that barely has a drivers compartment to the huge bulges to cover the gas motors there are liberties taken. "Resemble" is the key word there as this is not a scale hydro class.

Well, if I was to build a full size Unlimited Hydroplane it would look much like the Freebird. I'm sorry if those full size guys don't know how to design a Hydro! :lol:

Latest posts

Back