CMB Tunnel Champs 07

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris Flynn

Hello All,

I am planning on coming over the the CMB clb to race in the Tunnel champs in march 07.

I need some help with transportation of (so far) myself and my fiancee. First of all we will ned help getting from the airport, which for now i am told Savannah is the best and easiest to come into and get to race town from.

I am not too fussed about which airport i come into, whether it is Savannah, Charleston or Atlanta...Its more about getting to the motel from there on the 21st of March, then back to the airport on the 26th.

We would hire a Car but we are only 21 (I will be 22 by the time we leave) but apparently you need to be at least 25 or the car hire companies dont want to know you, or if you can find one the Bond and excess fees are HUGE.

Anyway, if you think you might be able to help us, please let me know so i can organise my internal flights accordingly.

there are a couple of people trying to help also, but i thought i would put it out loud to see what we can come up with :D

Cheers

Kris

Kris

If we can help here we would be happy to mate.

just send me a pm if you need anything

Good luck mate.

dave

When will the entry forms by out? I'm planning on being there!

Mark

Mark & all,

I am working on all of the paperwork now - the 2007 club registration, the race sanction and the flyer. I expect that the flyer should be out by the end of this month. We are NOT expecting to put a cap on entries for this race. The race will be open to all tunnels, nitro, gas and FE powered. Rocket and turbine powered tunnels are not within the rules of IMPBA so they are excluded. Time permitting, and we expect we will have it, we will stage the fastest lap competition for the B and D tunnel classes on Saturday afternoon.

Have to work on the race sponsorships after the flyer. There are 12 classes planned for the race that we will be looking for trophy sponsorships for each class. Two are FE tunnel classes so we hope that the FE manufacturers will come through for those classes. Then the raffle prizes are needed as well.

The work never ends! Make your plans accordingly and you have PLENTY of notice - racers and sponsors alike. Many thanks for the interest.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
When will the entry forms by out? I'm planning on being there!

Mark

That is great! This is gonna be the race to be at all the florida boys are coming back and hoping to bring a few new faces from the sunshine state. I am hoping the news of you coming MR Mark will not put any fear in the Alabama gange :ph34r: Get those kitty cats ready MR HTB is in the house. Grim you better get that champion boat tuned up befor the pond freezes over. Hell I am gonna have to bring 2 pots to cook the boil in and 2 jars of liar juice to wash it down with. :lol:

Hello All,

I am planning on coming over the the CMB clb to race in the Tunnel champs in march 07.

I need some help with transportation of (so far) myself and my fiancee. First of all we will ned help getting from the airport, which for now i am told Savannah is the best and easiest to come into and get to race town from.

I am not too fussed about which airport i come into, whether it is Savannah, Charleston or Atlanta...Its more about getting to the motel from there on the 21st of March, then back to the airport on the 26th.

We would hire a Car but we are only 21 (I will be 22 by the time we leave) but apparently you need to be at least 25 or the car hire companies dont want to know you, or if you can find one the Bond and excess fees are HUGE.

Anyway, if you think you might be able to help us, please let me know so i can organise my internal flights accordingly.

there are a couple of people trying to help also, but i thought i would put it out loud to see what we can come up with :D

Cheers

Kris
Sorry guys:

This thread is going some place else ( btw always a nice bar in a famous hotel).

Kris is looking for transport etc.

Don't know how it will work out, but if you/he stays in the same hotel as many of us, I think there will be a place left to have a ride back and forth.

Do you have many equipment to bring over?

Ronald.

Kris, getting to and from the hotel will not be a problem mate... especially if Mike Z. brings the church bus back. The only thing we need to figure out is how to get you from the airport.

Options are as follows.

Charleston airport: John Knight, Don Gilbert, Don Sallee, and one or two ohers that can help with that.

Savannah airport: maybe.... Mark poole, Kevin Lee?

Charlotte airport: Scott Norris....any one else?

Columbia airport: The Hallidays, Allen Amick, Steve Cirmella

Atlanta airport: Im flying into there, but am going to be full with my and Ronalds stuff.

what day are you planning on flying in? Wed. Thurs?

With all of the above options, there is no reason we can get you here.

I would say you could fly into to Jacksonville and ride over with the Atwells....but I wouldnt do that to my worst enemy.....lol

~James

Dave, You got a PM :D

Yep same motel as the rest of you rough heads :lol:

I will have 2 boats, one 21 'Sport' tunnel and an FE Tunnel (same 30" long)

John Knight has been helping me out with a few of the details so far...I will most likely post my boats to him and then post them home again because we will be doing some travelling around LA and Vegas for another 2-3 weeks after the race :)

James, looks like there are a few guys that are coming rom the various areas which is good. john mentioned i should come into Savannah due to it being easier and all..I will be getting there on the wednesday (21st) but gain the airport doesnt really matter, but i would like to sort that part out ASAP so i can book those flights.

Kris

Soooooo does anyone think they will be able to help me out here?

Just that would like to purchase the internal flights from LA to where ever we need to go ASAP.

Cheers

Kris

Kris,

How many people are you travelling with? I could get you and one other person and your bags to the Walterboro hotel if you flew into Savannah.

Mark

Hey Mark,

Thats would be sweet. I will be with my partner and thats all...I will also probably post my boats to John Knight due to us doing some extra travelling around after the race :)

What day are you travelling up? we are planning on getting to savannah on the 21st...

Cheers

Kris

Kris,

I am about 45-50 minutes from the airport. I could pick you up when you arrive and get you the hotel. I think the 21st is Wed? I can make arrangements to be there within a resonable amount of time. I am not going to the race site until Friday morning, but that's not a problem.

Mark

Kris,

There will be club members doing the final set ups for the race at the lake on Thursday. Getting you to the lake from the motel will be no problem.

John

Kris

I looked in my prop box and these are the props you are welcome to borrow.

40X53 props 4 U special

1440 props 4 U special

640 props 4 U special

637 props 4 U special

437/3

Plus the shirt thing and the pipes we spoke off.

Regards

Dave

Hey John, I am not to worried about getting to and from the lake on race days..seems to be lots of room in those cars ;-)

Mark,

I dont ant to put you out or anything, I will send you a PM!

Dave,

Awsome mate, let me know when you might have them ready to send to me and also if you want me to spread the word on what i am bringing ;-)

Cheers

Kris

Hey John, I am not to worried about getting to and from the lake on race days..seems to be lots of room in those cars ;-)

Mark,

I dont ant to put you out or anything, I will send you a PM!

Dave,

Awsome mate, let me know when you might have them ready to send to me and also if you want me to spread the word on what i am bringing ;-)

Cheers

Kris

Kris,

We'll take care of you here! Any of your Aussie mates going to come along with you to race? Would be nice to have more. You will just have to watch out for:

Pool chairs

Bungee cords

Tie ties on vehicles

Jungle juice

Moon shots on the interstate

Other sundry items that continue to grow in number each year

Other than that it should be a glorious time for you and your fiance.

John

well said John, I forgot about the zip ties... one of the Fatwells more ingenious moments (they are very few and far between)

~James

well said John, I forgot about the zip ties... one of the Fatwells more ingenious moments (they are very few and far between)

~James

THE classic moment of the race were the facial expressions of Grimracer and his buddy Wayne when they arrived late to the drivers meeting on Sunday morning due to the special "challenges" they encountered when leaving the motel. I did not understand the gravity of their dismay until much later because I did not know of the special treats left for them. But it was absolutely classic and they got a great deal of applause when they arrived.

Lots of fun by all - or most!

What's on tap for next time? Rocks in the hub caps, just married on the vehicle windows. Who knows.

ahhhhhh all is sorted now, big thanks to Mark for being able to help us out :D

Now, John I am not sure if others are going to come, 2 are thinking and would love to come, one is not sure about time, other is not sure about $$$

Hey, if they come, all the easier for myself to get round with other Aussies...plus they will be able to drive, if they dare to that is :lol:

Cheers

Kris

Back