CMB RS 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walt Barney

Vendor
How do I get the bearings out of this engine, and how does the crank come out.That is a CMB not A cbm.

Walt Barney

Last edited by a moderator:
walt

you have to pull the wrist pin out through the exhaust.. pull the piston out.. then take and rotate the rod till it is straight up. if i remember right you should be able to pull out the crank and rod.. like I said if my memory serves me.. bearings should just heat the case and pop out.

the hardest thing is getting the wristpin out.. get a hand full when you put it back together as you WILL lose a bunch.

maybe dad can chime in and help as he has done it a thousand times..

chris

How do I get the bearings out of this engine, and how does the crank come out.That is a CMB not A cbm.Walt Barney
Walt,

To change the bearings you just have to pull the 4 bolts on each end cap and then pull the snap ring(You will hvae to pull the flywheel). Chris described the crank pretty good other than he did not tell you that the head bolt will thread in to the wrist pin making it easier to pull and also all of the cursing was never mentioned either. A true pain in the butt.

Allen

Walt,

I made a simple instalation tool to re-install the c-clip in the piston through the exhaust port. It's just a piece of tube with a funnel on the top side and a push bar.Similar to Frank Orlics idea.Just push the c clip through the tube with the push bar right into the groove. No extra c clips needed. Never lost one and simple. I can post a pic when I get home from work later.

Walt,I made a simple instalation tool to re-install the c-clip in the piston through the exhaust port. It's just a piece of tube with a funnel on the top side and a push bar.Similar to Frank Orlics idea.Just push the c clip through the tube with the push bar right into the groove. No extra c clips needed. Never lost one and simple. I can post a pic when I get home from work later.
Walt,

Would like to see this tool, I tried to make a tool for Picco 45 & 67, by the time I got the clip in the brass tube, it looked too distorted to use ?

:huh:

Walt,I made a simple instalation tool to re-install the c-clip in the piston through the exhaust port. It's just a piece of tube with a funnel on the top side and a push bar.Similar to Frank Orlics idea.Just push the c clip through the tube with the push bar right into the groove. No extra c clips needed. Never lost one and simple. I can post a pic when I get home from work later.
Walt,

Would like to see this tool, I tried to make a tool for Picco 45 & 67, by the time I got the clip in the brass tube, it look too distorted to use ?

:huh:
Joe,

These come out great. :D

Unfortunatly I have to do this work thing so when I get home I will take a few pics. :)

Joe, Walt,Chris and anybody else that might be interested, here are a couple of pics of my c-clip installation tool

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=605

[The small .21 round c clip installer was made by Frank Orlic, the larger .45 one I made from Franks design. They work great for piston out of sleeve installations.

The brass tube one installs the c clips on EVO 45s through the exhaust port.

The pusher tube is .187 OD brass tube double walled. Must be square on the bottom. Face it in a lathe if you can.

The outer tube is .218 OD and tapered on the end that goes into the piston just on the outside.

The collars, I'm not sure if there's 2 or 3 pcs added, but the OD of the collar is .287. The inside edge ID of the collar is .250 large and it tapers smoothly in to match the ID of the .218 tube.

That's all. Clip goes in he big end, pushed in by the pusher tube, right into the piston. Done!

Hope this helps. :)

Joe, Walt,Chris and anybody else that might be interested, here are a couple of pics of my c-clip installation tool
<a href="https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...m=605&pos=4" target="_blank">https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...m=605&pos=4</a>

<a href="https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...m=605&pos=6" target="_blank">https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...m=605&pos=6</a>

The small .21 round c clip installer was made by Frank Orlic, the larger .45 one I made from Franks design. They work great for piston out of sleeve installations.

The brass tube one installs the c clips on EVO 45s through the exhaust port.

The pusher tube is .187 OD brass tube double walled. Must be square on the bottom. Face it in a lathe if you can.

The outer tube is .218 OD and tapered on the end that goes into the piston just on the outside.

The collars, I'm not sure if there's 2 or 3 pcs added, but the OD of the collar is .287. The inside edge ID of the collar is .250 large and it tapers smoothly in to match the ID of the .218 tube.

That's all. Clip goes in he big end, pushed in by the pusher tube, right into the piston. Done!

Hope this helps. :)
Walt,

Check your links, they didnt work.

jw

Ok they do in my reply, got it.........

Joe,

Try it now. I logged out this time before I cut and pasted my coppermine link.

Hope it works now.

Joe,Try it now. I logged out this time before I cut and pasted my coppermine link.

Hope it works now.
Thanks to all for the help on the 45 crank removel, I made my own clip pusher out of two peices of brass tubing works great, this was one of stu Barr,s suggestions. Now if I can find my supply of clips I'll be in great shape.

thanks All

Walt Barney

Joe,Try it now. I logged out this time before I cut and pasted my coppermine link.

Hope it works now.
Thanks to all for the help on the 45 crank removel, I made my own clip pusher out of two peices of brass tubing works great, this was one of stu Barr,s suggestions. Now if I can find my supply of clips I'll be in great shape.

thanks All

Walt Barney
Make you wish for the PICCO Days to return..........

Hope it works now.

thanks All

Walt Barney
Make you wish for the PICCO Days to return..........
Walt,above all good suggestions,but I'll throw my 2 cents in too.

I made my outer tube the size of the wristpin.This prevents over compressing the c clip when fitting it inside the tube.Then the question of how to align the tube appears.You'll find that you can rest the tube in the recess below the wrist pin hole in the piston and the alignment works great.Next I use a small hammer and tap the clip in place.Worked first time for me.Of course you'll still want to check that the c clip is in the groove properly.lol

Harvey Liberman

Back