CMB Race # 2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony-T

Hey SHARK,

So what was the outcome of the race results from this weekend??

Tony,

The race went really well as the new CMB Cam 45H smoked the field. The only guy missing in action was Will Gallegher. I was really hoping to race him in San Diego (his home track). I may not get the chance to race him as he is moving to Texas. He is the only guy left in our district for me to beat. I hope I get the chance before he leaves.

As for the racing, I won three heats going away & 1 was a race (for a while). In the first round, the only boat that gave me a challenge came from Andrew Hall and his MAC powered hydro. I took the lead at the start and held it for three laps, Andrew was close behind and driving a bit eratically but fast nonetheless....My pitman (AL Malik) suggested we allow him to pass and let him take himself out as his driving was sure to result in such an event. We let him pass on lap three as I went wide in turn one allowing him the inside and positioned myself on his outside. Andrew leaned out his MAC to the extreme to keep up his pace with mine until the last lap. Having to watch for his zigzagging we kept a bit wide from him until the last lap..I gained on the outside and he came out of turn two and down the stretch to the finish line....I was not going to be able to pass him (as I was in my morning fat setting) and was about a boat length behind when it happened: His MAC siezed 3 feet from the finish line and the dead prop put him in full dive mode and he dunked like a crane catching morning breakfast! This gave me the win as my engine was not even close to top end settings.

The engine not only provides excellent top end but more importantly, being able to slow to a dead crawl in a rigger at the start, then stick up to full speed without delays has given me the inside lane and position 1 in every heat that it ran on sunday. 1600 for the day and a cool Argonaut trophy!

With my new Tiburon-XB Hydro and this CMB Cam 45H, its a combination that will be tough to beat in 2006.

thanks for asking!!

Rey...

p.s. get your a$$ to the lake and race!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That boat looks real familiar to mine. Just be lucky I am not out there mixing it up with you. But my daughters softball has taken a priority.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back